Last July, Xiaomi announced the CC9, a mid-range smartphone designed to appeal to young people, at a conference in China. In the process, the Chinese company launched the mobile in the European market under another name of Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite. The smartphone, thus complete the Mi 9 range, already composed of Xiaomi Mi 9, Xiaomi Mi 9 SE, Xiaomi Mi 9T and 9T Pro.
The Mi 9 Lite is sublimated with a 6.39 – inch FHD+ AMOLED screen protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Despite its price positioning, the Mi 9 Lite is also equipped with a fingerprint sensor under the screen.
The autonomy is powered by a battery of 4030 mAh. Xiaomi promises an autonomy of two days. The smartphone is supplied with a fast charger of 18W allowing to recover 50% of battery in 30 minutes. Moreover, it is powered by a Snapdragon 710 SoC coupled with 6 GB of RAM and 64 or 128 GB of internal storage.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite also stands out with its triple 48 MP rear photosensor. In detail, the set up consists of a main lens of 48 MP, an ultra-wide-angle lens of 118° and a 2 MP depth sensor. In the notch, there is a photosensor of 32MP.
Xiaomi MI 9 Lite Specifications
- 6.39-inch (1080 × 2280 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display with 103.8% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res audio, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 156.8×74.5×8.67mm; Weight: 179g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC USB Type-C
- 4030mAh (typical) / 3940mAh (minimum) battery with QC 4.0 charging, 18W fast charger.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Price and Availability
The Mi 9 Lite will be available in Europe from September 23, 2019, in the following colors: Blue, White and Gray. The smartphone is sold at a starting price of €319 (about $350) for the version with 64GB of internal storage. While the variant with 128 GB of storage cost €349 (about $385).