Nokia branded smartphones appear at its first ever IFA show and HMD introduced a couple of skilled Android mid-rangers â€“ the Nokia 7.2 and Nokia 6.2. The duo are almost the same phone, with the 7.2 being the Pro model with better cameras and faster chipset.
The Nokia 6.2 has the same 6.3-inch 1080p+ screen as its sibling, complete with HDR10 support. The same 3,500mAh battery with 10W charging is the same as well. In fact, if not for the lack of ZEISS branding, youâ€™d be hard-pressed to tell these two apart.
As far as the camera, the triple camera switches to a 16MP main sensor â€“ it can still do image fusion and stacking for HDR and Night mode, but thereâ€™s no pixel binning. The 8MP ultra wide-angle (118Â°) and 5MP depth sensors are almost identical, save for the ZEISS lenses. The selfie camera was also demoted and has an 8MP sensor.
The other major change is the chipset â€“ the Nokia 6.2 uses a Snapdragon 636. Like the 660, it has a CPU with a 4+4 configuration of A73 and A53-derived Kryo cores, however they run at a lower clock speed. The GPU has been scaled back as well.
Both the Nokia 6.2 and 7.2 move away from polycarbonate and aluminium, the most common choices for a phoneâ€™s chassis. Instead they use a polymer composite, which HMD says is twice as strong as polycarbonate while weighing half as much as aluminium. Gorilla Glass 3 is used to protect both the screen and the back from scratches.
Nokia 6.2 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands:
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 – ROW
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – LATAM
- 4G bands:
- LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500) – ROW
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 28(700) – LATAM
- LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 40(2300), 41(2500) – IN
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: September, 2019
- Status: Available, October, 2019
- Dimensions: 159.9 x 75.1 x 8.3 mm (6.30 x 2.96 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 180 g (6.35 oz)
- Colours: Ceramic Black, Ice
- Build: Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic frame
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.3 inches, 99.1 cm2 (~82.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~400 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Always-on display
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Android One
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260
- GPU: Adreno 509
- Storage: 32GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 16 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), 1.0Âµm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
- 5 MP, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, 1/4″, 1.12Âµm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, EDR, LE, aptX
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes (excl. LATAM, USA, IN)
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery
- Charging: Battery charging 10W
Nokia 6.2 Pricing and Specifications
The Nokia 6.2 will be available in October. The version with 3GB of RAM and 32GB storage will cost â‚¬200, there will also be a 4/64GB version for â‚¬250. The phone will be available in Ceramic Black and Ice.
Nokia 6.2 Review Rating
We are yet to review the Nokia 6.2 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs andÂ information on this page about Nokia 6.2 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.