The new Motorola One Zoom is currently the best phone in Moto’s current lineup. It has a 6.4-inch OLED display with 1080p+ resolution and under display fingerprint and it is powered by a Snapdragon 675 chipset, just like the Moto Z4. As you can tell from the name, however, the camera got an upgrade – or three.
The main shooter is still based on a 48MP sensor (0.8µm) with a bright f/1.7 lens and optical image stabilization (OIS). The selfie camera is the same as well, a 25MP shooter with 0.9µm pixels. Both it and the rear cam feature Quad Pixel technology for improved low-light performance.
But while the Z4 had just those two cameras, the Zoom adds an 8MP telephoto cam with 3x optical zoom and OIS. There’s also a 16MP ultra wide-angle (117°) camera and a 5MP depth sensor.
The chassis of the Motorola One Zoom is built out of polished 6000-series aluminum. The OLED screen is protected by 2.5D chemically-strengthened glass (Panda King), the back gets Gorilla Glass 3.
Moto used P2i nano-coating to make the phone splash-proof. It’s powered by a 4,000mAh battery, which supports 15W TurboPower fast charging through the USB-C port. You’ll be glad to hear that there’s also a 3.5mm headphone jack (there’s an FM radio receiver to boot).
The One Zoom comes with 4GB of RAM and 128GB storage. It’s a dual-SIM phone with a three-card slot – two SIMs and a microSD.
Motorola One Zoom Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat12 600/100 Mbps
- Announced: September, 2019
- Status: Available. Released 2019, September
- Dimensions: 158 x 75 x 8.8 mm (6.22 x 2.95 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 190 g (6.70 oz)
- Build: Front glass, back glass (Gorilla Glass 3), aluminum frame
- Colours: Electric Gray, Cosmic Purple, Brushed Bronze
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Splash and dust resistant
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.39 inches, 100.2 cm2 (~84.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Protection: Panda King glass
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Android One
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- Storage: 128GB 4GB RAM
- Card slot: microSD, up to 512 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.7, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.4, (telephoto), 3x optical zoom, OIS
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
- 5 MP, depth sensor
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps
- Selfie Camera: Single 25 MP, f/2.0, 0.9µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 15W
Motorola One Zoom Price and Availability
It will be available starting today at a price of €400.
Motorola One Zoom Review Rating
We are yet to review the Motorola One Zoom and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about Motorola One Zoom are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.