LG is already in full-on IFA 2019 mode already. After launching the K50s and K40s, next in line is LG Q70. The phone was just unveiled by the company and it is the first device of the S. Korean manufacturer with a punch-hole design of the front panel that LG conveniently calls it Hole-In-Display.
The screen of the Q70 is 6.4-inch in diagonal with Full HD+ resolution. The cutout paved way for the 16 MP selfie shooter, while on the back there are three cameras – main 32 MP f/1.8, 13 MP ultra-wide-angle lens with 120-degree FoV, and 5 MP depth sensor.
Under the hood, there is a Snapdragon 675 coupled with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage, but there is also a micro SD slot. The phone might sport a midranger chipset, but it has all the features we see in flagships like V50 ThinQ and G8 ThinQ – IP68 rating, 32-bit Quad DAC audio, DTS:X 3D Stereo Sound, military-grade sturdiness and Quick Charge 3.0 for the 4,000 mAh battery.
LG Q70 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: September, 2019
- Status: Available. October, 2019
- Dimensions: 162.1 x 76.8 x 8.3 mm (6.38 x 3.02 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 198 g (6.98 oz)
- Colours: Mirror Black
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- MIL-STD-810G compliant
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.4 inches, 101.4 cm2 (~81.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2310 pixels (~398 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); LG UX 7
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM
- Card slot: microSD, up to 1 TB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 32 MP, f/1.8, (wide), PDAF
- 13 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single 16 MP
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 32-bit/192kHz audio
- DTS: X Surround Sound
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 15W
LG Q70 Price
The smartphone is priced at KRW548,900, which is about $450 or €410. It will arrive first with all three major domestic carriers, but we expect to hear about more markets once we see the device at IFA 2019 in Berlin next week.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
LG Q70 Review Rating
We are yet to review the LG Q70 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the LG Q70 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.