Lenovo has announced a pair of affordable tablets with the Tab M7 and Tab M8. Both devices are aimed as media consumption devices and offer Lenovo’s Kid’s Mode with a special child-friendly interface. The new tablets also feature thinner bezels compared to previous offerings from the company and are also offered with optional LTE support. Both devices are expected to go on sale in October.
Lenovo Tab M8 (Also known as Lenovo Tab M8 (2nd Gen))
The larger Tab M8 comes with an 8-inch IPS panel and is offered in both HD and FHD configurations. Under the hood we have the Helio A22 chipset paired with 2/3GB RAM and 16/32GB storage. There’s a 2MP selfie cam while the rear houses a 5MP shooter.
On the software front, we have a near-stock build of Android 9 Pie. There’s a generous 5,000 mAh battery which promises up to 12 hours of video watching or 18 hours of web browsing. The tablet charges over micro USB and also features a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Lenovo Tab M8 (HD) Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands:
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 19(800), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300)
- LTE band: 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 19(800), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA, LTE
- Announced: September, 2019
- Status: Available. October, 2019
- Dimensions: 199.1 x 121.8 x 8.2 mm (7.84 x 4.80 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 305 g (10.76 oz)
- Build: Front glass, aluminum body
- Colours: Iron Grey, Platinum Grey
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 8.0 inches, 185.6 cm2 (~76.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 800 x 1280 pixels, 16:10 ratio (~189 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22 (12 nm)
- CPU: Quad-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Storage: 16GB 2GB RAM, 32GB 3GB RAM
- Card slot: microSD, up to 1 TB
- Main Camera: Single – 5 MP, AF
- Video: 1080p
- Selfie Camera: Single – 2 MP
- Video: 720p
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Dolby Audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity
- Versions: Wi-Fi/LTE
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
Lenovo Tab M8 (HD) Price and Availability
The HD version of Tab M8 will go for $154 (€139) while the FHD version will start at $175 (€159).
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Lenovo Tab M8 Review Rating
We are yet to review the Lenovo Tab M8 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Lenovo Tab M8 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.