Infinix has just launched its latest entry-level phone – the Hot 8 in Hong Kong. The Infinix Hot 8 is a budget device that actually come with some impressive specs considering its affordable price tag. The phone features a 6.52-inch HD+ LCD display with a waterdrop notch and 20:9 aspect ratio. The selfie cam comes in at 8MP and the bezels are quite slim.
Under the hood, the Hot 8 packs the MediaTek Helio P22 SoC paired with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage which can be expanded via the microSD card slot. There’s also a 5,000mAh battery which charges over microUSB. On the software front, we have Infinitix’s XOS 5.0 on top of Android 9 Pie.
As far as camera is concerned, it packs a vertically stacked triple camera setup at the rear with a 13MP F1.8 main shooter. The other two are a 2 MP depth helper and a dedicated low-light sensor. You also have a fingerprint reader and LED flash on the back.
For security, there is a fingerprint scanner at the back of Infinix Hot 8, while the connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack, and micro USB for charging.
Infinix Hot 8 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: No
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: Yet to be announced.
- Release Date: August 2019 (Expected)
- Android 9 Pie + XOS 5.0
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Colours: Midnight Black, Cosmic Purple and Quetzal Cyan
- Physical Build: Plastic
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Type: IPS LCD screen with a waterdrop notch
- Size: 6.52 inches (16.56 cm)
- Resolution: 720 x 1500 pixels,19:9 aspect ratio (255 PPI)
- Processor Type: Octa Core, 2 GHz
- Processor Name: Mediatek Helio P22.
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Rear Camera: Triple 13 MP + 2 MP + a low-light shooterf2.2 Aperture, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 8 MP, f2.0 Aperture, AI Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio:
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB-OTG
- NFC: No.
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 5000 mAh
- Battery Charging: Regular
Infinix Hot 8 Price and Availability
The Infinix Hot 8 will go on sale starting September 12 through Flipkart. It will retail for INR 6,999 ($97) until October 30 while after that the price will go up to INR 7,999 ($111).
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Infinix Hot 8 Review Rating
We are yet to review the Infinix Hot 8 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Infinix Hot 8 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.