Do you want to share your data plan with your family members or friends? Well, you are in the right place. Whether you are using MTN, Airtel, Glo or 9mobile, your data can be shared with third party.
MTN has just introduced a new method of sharing it mobile data on the network, now making two ways of sharing data with your love ones.
The first is via data gifting in which every MTN number is eligible. However, the data you can share is very small – 100MB. And that can only be done twice in a day. Here is how;
- Simply dial *131*7#
- You’ll get a list of options to choose from. You can transfer data from your data balance, buy for a friend, or even request data from a friend.
- Kindly select the option you wish to go for.
- Enter the friend’s MTN number
- Then select the amount of data you would like to share with the friend.
You can only transfer data two times every day and the highest amount of data that you can transfer is 200MB.
You must first register for MTN Data Share by dialing *131*2*1# or send REG to to 131, after that, you will receive a unique security PIN for registration!
● Change your security PIN by dialing *131*2*5# or send a message CHANGE with your old pin typed right in front of the word change and your new pin right after the old one to 131, for instance, “CHANGE 8888 9999”, where “8888” is your previous PIN and “9999” is your new Pin for Data share.
● Once you’ve successfully changed your pin, add beneficiaries to MTN Data Share Acct by dialing *131*2*3#. You can add upto 5 beneficiaries.
● Once you have added beneficiaries, you (the sponsor) will be able to share your available data bundle among the added beneficiaries by sending the keyword Share to 131 or simply dial USSD code *131*2*4#
To share your data plan with your friends and family on Glo network most especially those of you who find it difficult to finish your monthly data bundle, all you have to do is;
To share: ial *127*01*recipient GLO number#
To stop sharing dial *127*02*recipient GLO number#
To share: dial *127*01*08055555555#
To stop sharing: dial *127*02*08055555555#
To share data with your love ones using Airtel Smart Share services is very simple. You can transfer data in Megabytes and Gigabytes using a simple USSD code.
The Airtel Smart-Share service consists of a bouquet of offerings that allows internet data bundles to be used by more than one customer in any of the following ways:
Me2U: sending a bundle from your currently active bundle
Gifting: buy a bundle for another line
Here’s how to share data on Airtel;
To share MB on Airtel,
>>kindly dial *141*1*5# and then follow the menu prompt to change your pin and share data.
>>Dial *141# >> Select 5 for Data gifting and sharing >> Select Data Gifting or Data Me2U to continue.
Note: Default PIN is 1234
To Share Data on 9mobile;
Simply dial *229*PIN*Volume of MB*9Mobile Number#. E.g, to share 20MB of data, do this… *229*1234*20*08090000001#
To Change data transfer default Pin (0000), kindly dial *247*Old PIN*New PIN#.