The Honor Play 3 was unveiled alongside the the Honor 20S. Itâ€™s an entry-level device with a 48MP sensor in its triple camera and 4,000mAh in its battery.
The 48MP sensor sits behind an f/1.8 lens and is joined by an 8MP ultra wide camera with 120Â° field of view. The third module is a depth sensor. The punch-hole selfie camera packs an 8MP sensor.
Itâ€™s surrounded by the 6.39-inch IPS LCD with 720 x 1,560px resolution. The screen is guarded by an unbranded scratch-resistant aluminosilicate glass. The official numbers claim 90% screen to body ratio, in part because Honor managed to reduce the size of the punch hole by 30% to 4.5mm.
The Huaweiâ€™s sub-brand company claims the phone is water resistant, though it only shows an IP5x rating (meaning itâ€™s dustproof). There are three color options, all of them with an interesting triangular pattern on the back.
The Honor Play 3 is powered by the Kirin 710F chipset with four Cortex-A73 cores and four A53, plus a Mali-G51 MP4 GPU. The base configuration has 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage, but the options are strange â€“ you can have 6GB of RAM with 64GB storage or 4GB of RAM and 128GB storage. Thereâ€™s a microSD card slot, so you can have the best of both worlds, but we still feel that a 6/128GB version would have made more sense.
Anyway, the phone has a 4,000mAh battery with 10W charging, which needs 2 hours 30 minutes to fill the battery completely. Unfortunately, the phone has a microUSB port.
Honor Play 3 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 400/50 Mbps
- Announced: September, 2019
- Status: Available, September 17, 2019
- Dimensions: 158.9 x 76.1 x 8.1 mm (6.26 x 3.00 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 176 g (6.21 oz)
- Colours: Magic Night Black, Aurora Blue, Charm Red
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.39 inches, 100.2 cm2 (~82.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie), EMUI 9.1
- Chipset: Hisilicon Kirin 710F (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G51 MP4
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM
- Card slot: microSD, up to 1 TB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4″, 1.12Âµm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 10W
Honor Play 3 Price & Availability
The Honor Play 3 starts at
- 4/64GB model: CNY 1,000 (~$140/â‚¬125).
- Both the 6/64GB and 4/128GB versions cost the same â€“ CNY 1,300.
Pre-orders will start on September 10 and the first units will be shipped starting on September 17.
Honor Play 3 Review Rating
We are yet to review the Honor Play 3 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs andÂ information on this page about Honor Play 3 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.