Apple has finally unveiled its 2019 iPhone series. The iPhone 11 comes with a glass + aluminum sandwich structure. The screen size is consistent with the iPhone XR. Both models use 6.1-inch LCD screens. Although it is a block LCD screen, the screen quality of the iPhone 11 is quite good. The screen look still reaches the retina level of 326 ppi.
However, the biggest change of this iPhone 11 is that Apple’s logo has moved to the center of the fuselage. Apple explained that this is to make the user know the location of the wireless charging ring more clearly. In other words, this model supports much-desired wireless charging.
In terms of configuration, it is equipped with the latest A13 processor. Apple said the SoC has the fastest CPU and GPU performance on the smartphone market. Apple A13 Bionic’s CPU performance compared to the A12 brings a lot of improvements. Also, it should outrun the Snapdragon 855 and Kirin 980. The performance of the GPU of the Apple A13 Bionic is significantly higher than that of the A12, far more than the Snapdragon 855 and the Kirin 980. Apple said its GPU speed will be twice that of the Snapdragon 855’s Adreno 640.
A13 Bionic performance has improved significantly, but it doesn’t affect battery life. The new iPhone’s battery life is one hour longer than that of the iPhone XR.
In terms of camera, Apple changed the single shot of the iPhone XR. Now, the iPhone 11 is equipped with a 12MP dual-camera. One of the lenses is the ordinary wide-angle main sensor, while the other is the super-wide-angle lens. Moreover, it also supports 4K video capture, smart HDR and dual-camera mode. The handheld image stabilization function has also been upgraded to support the switch function at any time.
In the low light shooting, the company optimized and upgraded the iPhone 11 algorithm. When the user turns on the night scene mode, the noise reduction will be automatically raised to ensure the image quality.
There is another 12MP camera on the front, supporting 4K shooting.
Apple iPhone 11 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM) – for China
- CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G band: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
- Announced: 2019, September
- Status: Release 2019, September
- Dimensions: 150.9 x 75.7 x 8.3 mm (5.94 x 2.98 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 194 g (6.84 oz)
- Build: Front/back glass, aluminum frame (7000 series)
- Colours: Black, Green, Yellow, Purple, Red, White
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) – for China
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 2m for 30 mins)
- Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.1 inches, 90.3 cm2 (~79.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 828 x 1792 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~326 ppi density)
- Protection: Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating
- Wide color gamut
- iOS 13
- Chipset: Apple A13 Bionic (7 nm+)
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 256GB 4GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- Main Cameras: Dual
- 12 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, PDAF, OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.4, 13mm (ultrawide)
- Features: Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR (photo/panorama)
- Video: [email protected]/30/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.
- Selfie Camera: Dual
- 12 MP, f/2.2
- TOF 3D camera
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]/30/60fps, [email protected]/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Dolby Atmos sound
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, proprietary reversible connector
- Sensors: Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Siri natural language commands and dictation
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3110 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W
- Qi wireless charging
Apple iPhone 11 Price and Availability
Apple has priced the iPhone 11 at $699 for the base variant, and the phone will go on pre-order starting September 13, with sales set to begin on September 20.