Apple announced three new iPhones today at an event in Cupertino. The iPhone 11, iPhone 11 ProÂ and iPhone 11 Pro Max succeed the iPhone XR, iPhone XSÂ and iPhone XS Max respectively and come with extra cameras and a more powerful processor.
Apple iPhone 11 Pro
The iPhone 11 Pro is actually the smallest of the three new phones but its 5.8-inch display is a Super Retina XDR OLED display with a 2436 x 1125 resolution. There is no 3D touch anymore. It has been replaced with haptic touch.
The smartphone is powered by the A13 Bionic and are paired with 64GB, 256GB, and 512GB of storage. We will have to wait for a TENAA listing or a benchmark result to know the RAM in them.
The iPhone 11 Pro has triple rear cameras â€“ a 12MP f/2.4 ultrawide 120Â° camera, a 12MP f/1.8 camera, and a 12MP f/2.0 telephoto camera. Both the wide-angle and telephoto cameras have OIS and there is 2x optical zoom in, 2x optical zoom out, and 10x digital zoom. The cameras bring several new features some of which we already mentioned above for the iPhone 11.
With the Pro, users will be able to choose between wide and telephoto for portrait photos. Holding down the shutter button also allows you to record a video when in photo mode similar to WhatsApp. There is also a feature called Deep Fusion which will be available via an update later this fall. Deep Fusion will take three photos using each of the cameras and merge them into one high-quality photo.
Apple also announced an app called Filmic Pro which will allow you to record from multiple cameras at the same time including the front camera to be edited together later for different angles.
Checkout the full Apple iPhone 11 Pro Specs below.
Apple iPhone 11 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM) – for China
- CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G band: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A 1.6 Gbps DL, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
- Announced: 2019, September
- Status: Release 2019, September
- Dimensions: 144 x 71.4 x 8.1 mm (5.67 x 2.81 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 188 g (6.63 oz)
- Build: Front/back glass, stainless steel frame
- Colours: Space Gray, Silver, Gold, Midnight Green
- SIM: Nano-SIM, Electronic SIM card (eSIM)
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 2m for 30 mins)
- Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)
- Stylus support
- Type: OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.8 inches, 84.4 cm2 (~82.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1125 x 2436 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~458 ppi density)
- Protection: Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating
- Dolby Vision
- Wide color gamut
- 120 Hz touch-sensing
- iOS 13
- Chipset: Apple A13 Bionic (7 nm+)
- Storage: 64GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 6GB RAM, 512GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- Main Cameras: Dual
- 12 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4Âµm, PDAF, OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.0, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4″, 1.0Âµm, PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.4, 13mm (ultrawide)
- Features: Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR (photo/panorama)
- Video: 2160p@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.
- Selfie Camera: Dual
- 12 MP, f/2.2
- TOF 3D camera
- Features: HDR
- Video: 2160p@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Dolby Atmos sound
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, proprietary reversible connector
- Sensors: Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Siri natural language commands and dictation
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3190 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W
- USB Power Delivery 3.0
- Qi wireless charging
Apple iPhone 11 Pro Price and Availability
The iPhone 11 Pro is priced at $999 for the 64GB version, $1149 for the 256GB version, and $1349 for the 512GB version.