Apple announced three new iPhones today at an event in Cupertino. The iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max succeed the iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max respectively and come with extra cameras and a more powerful processor.
Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max
The iPhone Pro Max takes features a 6.5-inch display with a 2688 x 1242 resolution. There is no 3D touch anymore. It has been replaced with haptic touch.
Both Pro models are powered by the A13 Bionic and are paired with 64GB, 256GB, and 512GB of storage.
The iPhone 11 Pro Max has triple rear cameras – a 12MP f/2.4 ultrawide 120° camera, a 12MP f/1.8 camera, and a 12MP f/2.0 telephoto camera. Both the wide-angle and telephoto cameras have OIS and there is 2x optical zoom in, 2x optical zoom out, and 10x digital zoom. The cameras bring several new features some of which we already mentioned above for the iPhone 11.
With the Pro, users will be able to choose between wide and telephoto for portrait photos. Holding down the shutter button also allows you to record a video when in photo mode similar to WhatsApp. There is also a feature called Deep Fusion which will be available via an update later this fall. Deep Fusion will take three photos using each of the cameras and merge them into one high-quality photo.
Apple also announced an app called Filmic Pro which will allow you to record from multiple cameras at the same time including the front camera to be edited together later for different angles.
While the iPhone 11 Pro is expected to have four more hours of battery life than the iPhone XS, the iPhone 11 Pro Max will have five more hours of battery life compared to the iPhone XS Max. Both will also ship with an 18W charger.
Checkout the full Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Specs here.
Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM) – for China
- CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G band: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A 1.6 Gbps DL, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
- Announced: 2019, September
- Status: Release 2019, September
- Dimensions: 158 x 77.8 x 8.1 mm (6.22 x 3.06 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 226 g (7.97 oz)
- Build: Front/back glass, stainless steel frame
- Colours: Space Gray, Silver, Gold, Midnight Green
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) – for China
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 2m for 30 mins)
- Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)
- Stylus support
- Type: OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.9 cm2 (~83.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1242 x 2688 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~458 ppi density)
- Protection: Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating
- Dolby Vision
- Wide color gamut
- 120 Hz touch-sensing
- iOS 13
- Chipset: Apple A13 Bionic (7 nm+)
- Storage: 64GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 6GB RAM, 512GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- Main Cameras: Dual
- 12 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, PDAF, OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.0, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.4, 13mm (ultrawide)
- Features: Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR (photo/panorama)
- Video: 2160p@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.
- Selfie Camera: Dual
- 12 MP, f/2.2
- TOF 3D camera
- Features: HDR
- Video: 2160p@24/30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Dolby Atmos sound
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, proprietary reversible connector
- Sensors: Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Siri natural language commands and dictation
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W
- USB Power Delivery 3.0
- Qi wireless charging
Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Price and Availability
The iPhone 11 Pro Max is priced at $1099 for the 64GB model, $1249 for the 256GB version, and $1449 for the 512GB version.