UMIDIGI X is finally official. This is one of the most anticipated models in the mid-range market niche as it will rival other famous models with similar specs. This handset is adorned with a 6.35-inch AMOLED display with an HD+ resolution (720 x 1548) and an under-display fingerprint sensor. Contrary to the teaser, there’s a waterdrop notch for the selfie camera instead of a pop-up unit.
The camera has a 16MP sensor and a 5-element lens with an f/2.0 aperture. On the back, there’s a triple-shooter module with a 48MP Samsung GM1 primary unit that features a 6-element lens with an f/1.79 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide camera with a 120° field of view, and a 5MP depth-sensing sensor.
UMIDIGI X packs a 4150 mAh battery with an 18W fast charger and supports NFC. It is based on a MediaTek Helio P60 chipset paired to 4GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB of built-in memory. The latter can be expanded with up to 256GB. The model is available in Flame Black and Breathing Crystal colours. It runs on stock Android 9 Pie that UMIDIGI plans to upgrade to Android Q. The device supports simultaneous 4G VoLTE and global bands.
Besides UMIDIGI X , the company also unveiled its new true wireless earbuds dubbed Upods. They are equipped with a 7.2 mm dynamic driver and support Bluetooth 5. With a 600 mAh charging box, the Upods support up to 24 hours continuous use. The single earbud weighs only 4g and with ergonomic design, it’s very comfortable to wear. Also, the Upods support voice assistant and it can activate your Google Assistant or Siri.
UMIDIGI X will go on sale on August 26th but the price remains a mystery.
The manufacturer claims it will have the lowest price among devices with under-display fingerprint sensors. The UMIDIGI Official Store on AliExpress is holding a guess-price contest. The first 1,000 UMIDIGI X units can get the pair of Upods for free. The Upods will be available for US$9.9 for the first 10,000 units from August 26.
UMIDIGI X Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G bands: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 12 / 13 / 17 / 18 / 19 / 20 / 26 / 28A / 28B / 66.
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: August 5, 2019
- Market Availability: August 26, 2019
- Android 9 Pie (planned update to Android Q)
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 158.6 x 75.6 x 8.1 mm.
- Weight: 195g
- Display: 6.35 inches, 19:9 aspect ratio, AMOLED screen with waterdrop notch.
- Colours: Flame Black. Breathing Crystal.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM; dual 4G VoLTE.
- Processor Type: 64-bit 2.0GHz Cortex-A73
- Processor Name: Mediatek Helio P60
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali G72 MP3, up to 800MHz
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage:
- Rear Camera: 48MP main + 8MP ultra wide + 5MP depth sensor, AI triple camera, f2.2 Aperture, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 16MP, f2.0 Aperture, AI Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture.
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; under-display.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Senor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0; Type-C; USB-OTG
- NFC: Yes.
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4150 mAh
- Battery Charging: 18W Fast Charging
UMIDIGI X Price and Market Availability
- Country Availability: Online globally.
- Price: $249.99 pre-sale. The phone will be available in stores from the 26th of August, 2019.
Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Not yet available.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
UMIDIGI X Review Rating
We are yet to review the UMIDIGI X and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the UMIDIGI X are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.