Tecno has unveiled a smartphone dubbed the Tecno Spark Air 4 in the Middle East. This was launched alongside another device called the Tecno Spark Go. The last of the Spark Series is the Spark 3 and the Spark 3 Pro.
Tecno Spark Go
The Tecno Spark Go is a new Android 9.0 (Pie; Go Edition) low-end smartphone, targeted at budget minded fans. The device is adorned with a beautiful 6.1-inch IPS display with 720 x 1560 pixel resolution. The device has a U-shaped notch cut-out, with a single LED flash above the screen, a design similar to the Tecno Phantom 9.
Specification wise, the Spark Go is powered by a 2.0 GHz Quad-Core processor. This is the Mediatek Helio A22 SoC which come loaded with Artificial Intelligence (AI) features. Along with the CPU, there’s a PowerVR GE8320 GPU, the presence of a 1/2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card.
On the camera department, you are getting a single 8-megapixel rear placed camera, and a dual LED flash. At the front, there is a 5MP sensor for selfies, which also come with a single LED flash. It has dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots, Dual 4G VoLTE, packs a 3000mAh battery and run the aforementioned Android 9.0 (Pie; Go Edition) out of the box.
The full specifications and silent features of the Tecno Spark Go, are detailed in the specs table below.
Tecno Spark Go Full Specifications
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 40(2300)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2019, August
- Status: Available. Released 2019, August
- Dimensions: 156.1 x 75 x 9.2 mm (6.16 x 3.09 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 168 g (5.29 oz)
- Build: Front glass / Plastic
- Colours: Dark Purple, and Dark Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.1 inches, 96.7 cm2 (~79.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~292 ppi density)
- Protection: Scratch Resistant Glass
- 5D Curved Glass
- Android 9.0 (Pie; Go Edition)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22 (12 nm)
- CPU: Quad-core CPU (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Storage: 16 GB, 1/2 GB RAM
- Memory Card Slot: Yes, up to 128 GB via microSD card
- Main Camera: Single 8 MP
- Features: Autofocus, Geotagging, Panorama, HDR, Face detection, LED Flash
- Video: 720p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: 5 MP
- Feature: FaceID, HD, I Beauty, LED Flash
- Video: 720p
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP
- USB: Micro USB 2.0
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- Fast Charging: No
Tecno Spark Go Price and Availability
- Price: From $80 (N32,000).
- Availability: Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Egypt, Ivory Coast, Tanzania, Cameroon, Uganda, Morocco, Algeria, Senegal, Tunisia, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Tecno Spark Go Review Rating
We are yet to review the Tecno Spark Go and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Tecno Spark Go are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.