Samsung has today officially unveiled the Galaxy A50s and Galaxy A30s. Just as their names signifies, they come with some updates. The Galaxy A50 is Samsung’s best-selling A series phone.
Samsung Galaxy A50s
Samsung has redesigned the rear panel of the Galaxy A50s to include a geometric pattern and holographic effect that comes in four finishes – Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush White, Prism Crush Green and Prism Crush Violet2.
What’s also new are the cameras. The Galaxy A50s brings a new 48MP f/2.0 main camera paired to the old 5MP depth and 8MP 123-degree ultrawide modules.
The selfie camera has been upgraded from 25MP f/2.0 to a 32MP f/2.0 unit.
Other than the above mentioned specs, the Galaxy A50s is an exact match to its namesake A50. Up front there’s a 6.4-inch 1080x2340px Infinity-U Super AMOLED. The Galaxy A50s uses a 10nm Exynos 9610 octa-core chipset with 4GB or 6GB of RAM, a 4,000mAh battery with 15W fast-charging and an in-display fingerprint scanner.
Samsung Galaxy A50s Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands:
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: August, 2019
- Available: September, 2019
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 74.5 x 7.7 mm (6.24 x 2.93 x 0.30 in)
- Weight: 169 g (5.96 oz)
- Colours: Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush White, Prism Crush Green, Prism Crush Violet2
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.4 inches, 100.5 cm2 (~85.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Protection: Unspecified
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Chipset: Exynos 9610 (10nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Card slot: microSD, up to 1 TB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Triple –
- 48 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
- 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.0, 25mm (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes (market dependent)
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 15W
Samsung Galaxy A50s Price and Availability
Samsung is yet to announce availability and price.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Samsung Galaxy A50s Review Rating
We are yet to review the Samsung Galaxy A50s and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Samsung Galaxy A50s are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.