Motorola One Action was launched recently as the newest model in the Motorola One family that already includes the original Motorola One, Motorola One Power, and Motorola One Vision. The new Motorola smartphone is designed to capture action shots through a dedicated sensor. As a USP, triple rear camera setup of the Motorola One Action sports a 117-degree ultra-wide angle lens camera.
It also has the ability to record videos in landscape format while holding it vertically. The Motorola One Action, similar to its siblings, flaunts a 21:9 CinemaVision display that comes with a hole-punch design.
Motorola One Action Specs and Features
The dual-SIM (Nano) Motorola One Action runs Android 9 Pie and is upgradeable to Android Q and Android R alongside getting security updates for three years from the initial global launch, the company promised in the blog post. The phone features a 6.3-inch full-HD+ (1080×2520 pixels) IPS CinemaVision display. Under the hood, there is an octa-core Samsung Exynos 9609 SoC, paired with Mali G72 MP3 GPU and 4GB of RAM.
What primarily makes the Motorola One Action a distinguished smartphone in the market is its all-new triple rear camera setup that is built to capture action shots. The company has used ‘Enhanced Video Stabilisation’ to reduce shakes and jerks. The rear camera setup is also capable of capturing landscape videos while the phone is in the vertical position and vice versa.
The Moto One Action’s triple rear camera setup consists of a 12-megapixel primary sensor that comes along with an f/1.8 lens and an action camera with 2-micron pixel size and f/2.2 lens that supports 117-degree of Field of View (FoV). Further, the camera setup includes a 5-megapixel depth sensor with an f/2.2 lens.
For selfies, the Motorola One Action houses a 12-megapixel camera sensor with 1.25-micron pixel size and an f/2.0 lens. The selfie camera supports features such as Portrait lighting, Shot optimisation, Auto smile capture, Group selfie, Portrait mode, and Cinemagraph among others.
The Motorola One Action has 128GB of onboard storage that is expandable via microSD card (up to 512GB). Connectivity options on the phone include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS/ A-GPS, NFC, USB Type-C, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. There is also an array of sensors that include an accelerometer, ambient light, gyroscope, fingerprint reader, magnetometer, and proximity sensor.
Motorola has provided a 3,500mAh battery on the smartphone that supports 10W charging. Besides, the handset measures 160.1×71.2×9.15mm and weighs 160 grams.
Motorola One Action Specifications
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps
- Announced: August, 2019
- Status: Available. Released 2019, August
- Dimensions: 160.1 x 71.2 x 9.2 mm (6.30 x 2.80 x 0.36 in)
- Weight: 176 g (6.21 oz)
- Build: Front glass, plastic body
- Colours: Denim Blue, Pearl White, Aqua Teal
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Splash resistant
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.3 inches, 94.0 cm2 (~82.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2520 pixels, 21:9 ratio (~432 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Android One
- Chipset: Exynos 9609
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Storage: 128GB 4GB RAM
- Card slot: microSD, up to 512 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Triple (12 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1.25µm, PDAF + 16 MP, f/2.2, 14mm (ultrawide), dedicated video camera (1080p) + 5 MP, depth sensor)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps (gyro-EIS)
- Selfie Camera: Single – 12 MP, 26mm (wide), f/2.0, 1.25µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Dolby Audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 10W
Motorola One Action Price and Availability
The Motorola One Action will be in from August 16 in Europe, Brazil and Mexico at a price of €260. In the following months, it will expand to more European and Latin American countries. The US and Canada will have to wait until early October.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Motorola One Action Review Rating
We are yet to review the Motorola One Action and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Motorola One Action are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.