Huawei has officially announced a new smartphone in Malaysia at a special event. The new device in question is the Huawei Nova 5T, which looks like the Nova 5 Pro announced in China last June.
The Nova 5T features a 6.26-inch Full HD+ LCD curved glass screen with a punch-hole 32-megapixel camera, and it’s powered by Kirin 980 7nm SoC with Dual NPU, runs Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.1, GPU Turbo 3.0, and features Leica quad-lens cameras with 48-megapixel sensor, a 16-megapixel ultra-wide sensor, 2-megapixel sensor for 4cm macro and a 2-megapixel for portrait shots.
It sports a side-mounted fingerprint scanner that can help you unlock the phone within a second, gradient 3D glass back, and packs a 3500mAh battery with 22.5W HUAWEI SuperCharge fast charging that lets you charge the phone up to 50% in 30 minutes.
Huawei Nova 5T Specifications
- Type & Size: 6.26-inch Full HD+ FullView
- Resolution: 2340×1080 pixels
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: HUAWEI Kirin 980
- CPU: 2 x Cortex A76 2.6 GHz + 2 x Cortex A76 1.92 GHz + 4 x Cortex A55 1.8 GHz
- GPU: 720 MHz ARM Mali-G76MP10
- RAM: 8 GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.1.1
- Rear Camera: Quad
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash
- 16MP Ultra Wide Angle lens. With f/2.2 aperture,
- 2MP 4cm macro lens with f/2.4 aperture.
- 2MP depth of field lens with f/2.4 aperture, PDAF, CAF
- Front Camera: Single
- 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio
- Dual 4G VoLTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 5 LE
- USB Type-C
- 3700mAh battery with 22.5W HUAWEI SuperCharge fast charging
Huawei Nova 5T Price and Availability
The Huawei Nova 5T comes in the colors Black, Crush Blue and Mid Summer Purple at a price equivalent to about US$ 379.