After exiting the Indian smartphone market last July, HTC teased its re-entry in India a couple of days ago with the launch of a waterdrop notch smartphone. Well that phone is the Wildfire X and it was just officially announced. However, the smartphone isn’t manufactured by HTC and is made by a China-based company called InOne Smart Technology, which licensed the brand for the Indian market.
The HTC Wildfire X is powered by the Helio P22 SoC, runs Android Pie, and comes in two memory configurations – 3GB/32GB and 4GB/128GB. It also has a microSD card slot which allows storage expansion by up to 256GB.
The smartphone is built around a 6.2-inch HD+ display promising a screen-to-body ratio of 88.8%. It has a small notch up top which houses the 8MP selfie camera. The back of the phone has a 3D OPVD mirror finish and is home to a fingerprint scanner and a triple camera setup.
These individual modules are: 12MP main, 8MP telephoto (2x optical zoom), and 5MP depth sensor.
The HTC Wildfire X also comes bundled with an accessory called “MyBuddy” which is a distress companion that can trigger loud alarms in dangerous situations in addition to sharing your live location with family and friends. It can also transmit audio and video of its surroundings in real-time. As a bonus it can be used to locate your misplaced phone.
The Wildfire X packs a 3,300 mAh battery and is offered in a single color – Sapphire Blue.
HTC Wildfire X Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 8(900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- Data Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: August 2019
- Release Date: 22nd August, 2019
- Android 9 Pie
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 156.7 mm x 74.9 mm x 7.95 mm
- Weight: 160g
- Colours: Sapphire Blue.
- Physical Build:
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Display: 6.2 inches, 720 x 1520 pixels,19:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD curved glass screen
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.0 GHz Octa-core, Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: MediaTek MT6762 (Helio P22)
- Graphics Processor: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 3 GB / 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB / 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB
- Rear Camera: 12 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP rear triple camera, f2.2 Aperture, LED flash, [email protected] video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 8 megapixels, f2.0 Aperture, AI Face Recognition, [email protected] video capture
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0; Type-C, USB-OTG
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 3300 mAh
- Battery Charging: 10W Fast Charging
HTC Wildfire X Price and Availability
- Country Availability: India.
- Price: The 3GB/32GB base variant of HTC Wildfire X has a price tag of Rs. 9,999 ($140), while the 4GB/128GB variant is priced at Rs. 12,999 ($183).
In addition to the standard 1-year warranty, the Wildfire X comes with a 6 months no-questions-asked accidental damage protection and a complimentary pickup and drop service.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
HTC Wildfire X Review Rating
We are yet to review the HTC Wildfire X and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the HTC Wildfire X are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.