Xiaomi Mi A3 Key Specs: Android 9 Pie smartphone. Announced July 2019. Features 6-inch display, Snapdragon 665 chipset, 32 MP selfie camera, 48 MP triple rear camera, 4 GB RAM, up to 128 GB internal memory, and a 4000 mAh battery.
The Xiaomi Mi A3 is basically a Xiaomi Mi CC9e running stock Android OS. As an Android One smartphone, it does not include Xiaomi’s custom user interface, MIUI.
The Xiaomi Mi A3 with the Android One label has just been made official in Spain. As every year, it comes with pure Android and middle-class specs.
Thanks to Android One, the smartphone promises a very clean interface and regularly updated. The design of the device had already leaked recently and it’s based on the Mi CC9e.
It has a 6.1-inch OLED screen with 720 x 1,560px resolution. Alongside with the Snapdragon 665 chipset and a 64GB/128GB storage options. And there’s a microSD slot so you can add more storage later.
The Xiaomi Mi A3 features a 48MP main shooter on the back with a reasonably bright f/1.78 aperture without OIS. Alongside with the 8MP ultra-wide-angle camera (118°) and, finally, the 2MP depth sensor. Then there’s the selfie camera inside the notch, which has a 32MP (it shoots 1080p/30 video).
Another upgrade over last year’s model is the battery. Now we have a 4,030mAh, up from 3,000mAh. Charging speed is at 18W like last year. Also, the fingerprint reader has been relocated under the display, following current trends.
Xiaomi Mi A3 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 8(900) / 34(2000) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: July 17, 2019
- Market Availability: July 2019
- Android 9 Pie (Android one)
- Dimensions: 153.5 x 71.9 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 173.8 g
- Colours: Black. Blue. Silver.
- Physical Build:
- SIM Type: Single and Dual Nano-SIM options
- Type: Super AMOLED display, waterdrop notch
- Size: 6.1 inches
- Resolution: 720 x 1560 pixels,19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Protection: Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.0 GHz Octa-core, Kryo 260
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 665
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 610.
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (hybrid slot)
- Rear Camera: 48 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP triple camera, f2.4 Aperture, LED flash, [email protected] video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 32 MP, f2.0 Aperture, AI Face Recognition, [email protected] video capture.
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio:
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB-C.
- Fingerprint Scanner (in-display), Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope (G-Sensor), Infra-red sensor
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4030 mAh
- Battery Charging: 18W Fast Charging
Xiaomi Mi A3 Price and Availability
The price starts at €250. The Snapdragon 665 chipset that powers this phone is not a huge upgrade over the S660 in last year’s model. That’s for 64GB storage, you can double it to 128GB for €30 more. At least there’s a microSD slot so you can add more storage later.
Xiaomi is launching the Mi A3 in three colors: Blue, White and Gray. This phone will be available in Spain first – you can pre-order it now, units will ship on July 24. The rest of the world will be getting it shortly.
TellFoce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Xiaomi Mi A3 Review Rating
We are yet to review the Xiaomi Mi A3 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Xiaomi Mi A3 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Follow TellForce Blog on social media!