Xiaomi has today unveiled the new Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro in China. This new gaming terminal was previously teased and called attention for being a very early evolution of the Black Shark 2 and for carrying inside the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus processor. It’s the second phone to be launched with this overclocked chipset — after the ASUS ROG Phone 2.
When mobile games continues to grow, manufacturers adapt their launches to this trend. It is increasingly common for manufacturers to focus on attracting attention from mobile gamers. With striking models that promise more power and quality than traditional smartphones.
Key Black Shark 2 Pro Specifications
- 39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19.5:9 display with 108.9% DCI – P3 color gamut, 430 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus (1 x Kryo 485 at 2.96GHz + 3 x Kryo 485 at 2.42GHz + 4 x Kryo 385 at 1.8GHz) 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.0) internal storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2.0″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, 12MP 1/3.6″ Samsung S5K3M5, telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 6P lens, 2x lossless zoom
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.9μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- In display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.61×75.01x 8.77mm; Weight: 205g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery with 27W fast charging
The Best Screen For Games
The Black Shark 2 Pro has a design similar to its brother although the back shows the centerline of the logo finer than the Black Shark 2. The terminal mounts a 6.39-inch FullHD+ screen with AMOLED technology and HDR support.
In order to get a better gaming experience, it has DC Dimming 2.0, which reduces screen flickering at low brightness levels. It is on the screen where much of the technology of Black Shark 2 has focused, with a brightness of up to 430 nits, a contrast ratio of 60,000: 1, Magic Press 2.0 technology, a touch latency of only 34.7 ms and A 240 Hz touch sampling rate, which makes it the first smartphone with this particularity.
The Most Powerful Processor
Of course the big star within the Black Shark 2 Pro is the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus, as it becomes the second mobile in the market, after the Asus ROG PHONE II. This processor has been improved to offer superior performance at the graphic level and with the most demanding games. It is accompanied by 12 GB of RAM and can be purchased in versions of 128 and 256 GB of storage, compatible with UFS 3.0 technology.
The terminal comes with Black Shark OS based on Android 9 Pie and has a fingerprint sensor built into the screen. The liquid cooling 3.0 promises improved cooling with liquid-cooled plate and liquid-cooled tube to reduce the CPU’s core temperature.
Although it is not the most important section, the Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro also does not get lame in the cameras section, with a dual rear camera led by a Sony IMX 586 main sensor of 48 megapixels + 12 megapixels. We also found a 20-megapixel sensor in the front.
The terminal has a large 4,000 mAh battery with fast charging of 27W and does not lack a 3.5mm headphone jack. The device comes with a series of accessories and wireless controllers in order to make the experience as close as possible to being in front of a portable video game console.
Black Shark 2 Pro Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (5CA) Cat18 1200/150 Mbps
- Announced: July, 2019
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, August
- Dimensions: 163.6 x 75 x 8.8 mm (6.44 x 2.95 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 205 g (7.23 oz)
- Build: Front glass, aluminum body
- Colors: Electric black, Ice ash
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.39 inches, 100.2 cm2 (~81.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- DCI-P3 100%
- Always-on display
- 240 Hz touch-sensing
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 Plus (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640 (700 MHz)
- Storage: 128/256 GB, 12 GB RAM or 128 GB, 8 GB RAM
- Card slot: No
- Main Camera: Dual (48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF + 12 MP, f/2.2, (telephoto), 1.0µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.0, 0.9µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 27W
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro Price and Market Availability
The Black Shark 2 Pro will be available in China starting August 2 and pre-orders begin later today with the;
- 12/128GB version costs CNY 2,999 ($435
- 12/256GB version costs CNY 3,499 ($508)
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.