Chinese company, vivo has continue to increase its already wide range of smartphones. In July alone, the manufacturer has announced the vivo Z1 Pro and a new vivo S1 with some modifications with respect to the model with the same name that came to light in China a few months ago. Now it has just officially announced the vivo Y90.
The vivo Y90 is a new member of its Y family, which includes mid-range and entry-level phones. Such as the vivo Y12 and vivo Y15 that have also recently arrived. Regarding the vivo Y89 we saw in March, the new model reduces the majority of features, such as the screen, the processor and the cameras, but bets on a great autonomy thanks to a battery of 4,030 mAh.
Available in black and gold, the new Y90 is an entry-level phone with very modest features, among which its 6.22-inch IPS LCD screen with HD+ resolution (1,520 x 720 pixels) and a notch in drop form that gives a frontal use of 88.6%.
It has the MediaTek Helio A22 processor (MT6761), which is accompanied by 2 GB of RAM and two internal storage options, 16 and 32 GB, in both cases expandable with a Micro SD card up to 256GB. It also has the FunTouch OS 4.5 operating system based on Android 8.1 Oreo. And as the main feature, a 4,030 mAh battery that promises great autonomy.
In the photographic section, we have a 5 MP front camera with f/1.8 aperture and an 8 MP rear camera with an f/2.0 aperture and LED flash. Finally, it should be noted that, although it lacks a fingerprint reader, it does support facial recognition as a biometric authentication method.
Key vivo Y90 Specifications
- Display: 6.22-inch (1520×720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 IPS display
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio A22 (MT6761) 16nm processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE83200 GPU
- RAM: 2GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB/32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Operating System: Funtouch OS 5.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Rear Camera::8MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 5MP front-facing camera, f/1.8 aperture
- Dimensions: 155.11×75.09×8.28mmmm; Weight: 163.5g
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS
- Battery: 4030mAh battery
vivo Y90 Price And Market Availability
The Vivo Y90 arrives on the market (Asian, at the moment) in two colors: black and gold. In India, the model with 2 GB of RAM and 16GB of expandable internal storage is available at a price of 6,999 Indian rupees, equivalent to about $100 according to the current change.
In Pakistan, however, a version that also has 2 GB of RAM has gone on sale, but it increases its capacity to 32 GB and is priced at Rs 18,999, which change to about $ 120.