TECNO Phantom 9 Quick Specs: Android 9 Pie smartphone. Announced July 2019. FeaturesÂ a 6.4-inch FullView display, Mediatek Helio P35 chipset, 32 MP selfie camera, 16MP+8MP+2MP AI triple camera with Quad Flash, 6 GB RAM, 128 GB internal memory, and a 3500 mAh battery.
After launchingÂ TECNO Phantom 8 in 2018, the company is set to unwrap Phantom 9 in a couple weeksâ€™ time. A teaser video was posted online and that resulted to fake leaked specs of the phone. Well, now we’ve got the real one. And we have all the details just for you. And the phone costs less than â‚¦80,000.
The device features a 6.4inches HD AMOLED display, 6GB + 128GB onboard storage, triple lens camera of 16MP+8MP+2MP with Quad flash, 32MP front camera with dual flash.
It will come with Android 9 Pie out of the box, housed by a battery capacity of 3500mAh. See the highlights Specifications below.
TECNO Phantom 9 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G bands: No
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: July 10, 2019
- Market Availability: July 2019
- Android 9 Pie + HiOS 5.0 with AI Assistant built-in
- Dimensions: 158.46 x 75.3 x 7.85 mm
- Weight: g
- Colours: Aurora gradient design.
- Physical Build: Polycarbonate + Glass materials.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Type: FHD+ AMOLED curved glass screen
- Size: 6.4 inches
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Protection: Gorilla Glass protection
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.35 GHz Octa-core, Cortex-A73
- Processor Name: Mediatek Helio P35
- Graphics Processor:Â PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
- Rear Camera: 16MP main lens + 8MP 120Â° ultra-wide angle lens + 2MP depth sensor triple camera, f2.2 Aperture, Quad LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 32 MP dual selfie camera, f2.0 Aperture, AI Face Recognition, dual LED flash, 1080p@30fps video capture.
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR â€“ NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio:
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; in-display
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes.
- Infra-red Senor: No.
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB-OTG
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 3500 mAh
- Battery Charging: Fast Charging
- Reverse Charging: no.
TECNO Phantom 9 Price and Availability
- Country Availability: Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and more
- Price: â‚¦77,000 in Nigeria.
TellForce Blog Buyerâ€™s Guide Verdict
This is the first budget Phantom smartphone and it is a great package for the price. Whatâ€™s not to like at this price point?
TECNO Phantom 9 Review Rating
We will have a review rating for the TECNO Phantom 9 once we have reviewed one.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs andÂ information on this page about the TECNO Phantom 9 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, pleaseÂ contact us.
Our Buyerâ€™s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
We Were Earlier Wrong â€“ Partly!
We published an earlier piece on why the end of TECNO Phantom had come and there may be no Phantom 9. He was wrong on that, but he was right about the TECNO brand being positioned as the mid-tier brand within the Transsion Holdings ladder. The price of the Phantom 9 clearly reflects that (compare it to the price ofÂ Infinix Zero 6).
So, now that the first mid-range TECNO Phantom 9 has been launched and the official specs and price are out, what do you think?