Librem 5, the phone that the manufacturer says is focused on security by design and privacy protection by default. It is equipped with hardware kill switches and specially designed hardware, to enable the user stay in control of the flow of information.
Librem 5 smartphone Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: July 2019
- Market Availability: Q3 2019
Design & Display
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Display: 5.7″, 720×1440 pixels, IPS TFT screen.
- Colours: Black.
- Physical Build:
- Processor Type: 1.5GHz Quad-Core.
- Processor Name: i.MX8M
- Graphics Processor:
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: microSD storage expansion
- Rear Camera: 13 MP camera, f2.2 Aperture, LED flash, [email protected] video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 8 MP, f2.0 Aperture, [email protected] video capture.
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio:
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, Teseo LIV3F GNSS.
- USB: USB 3.0 data, Charging (Dual-Role Port), Video out
- NFC: No.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope (G-Sensor)
- Battery Type and Capacity: Removable Lithium-Ion 3500 mAh
- Battery Charging: 5V/2A Fast Charging
Librem 5 smartphone Price and Availability
- Country Availability: Global.
- Price: $649 (pre-order pricing)
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Librem 5 smartphone are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.