Obtaining the Tax Identification Number (TIN) for your registered business is now very easy, as application is now online and the process is free. So, if you are yet to obtain TIN, this article is for you.
Tax Identification Number (TIN) is issued the tax office FIRS in conjunction with the Joint Tax Board (JTB). It is issued to individuals or registered business / incorporated companies for proper identification and verification.
While individual TIN has been automatically generated with BVN/NIN, registered business (Limited Liability Companies, Incorporated Trustees, Enterprises, Cooperative Society, MDAs, Trade Association etc) needs to however, apply for it. To apply for it, simply follow the instruction below to obtain TIN for your business.
- Business name, address and other basic Information (e-mail, Phone number)
- Date of Commencement
- Directors Details
- Business Sector
- Date of Incorporation
To start the registration visit https://tin.jtb.gov.ng/TinRequestExternal and fill the form, the TIN is expected to be created within 48hrs.
For Existing Businesses: How To Check For TIN
- Visit https://tinverification.jtb.gov.ng
- Step 1: Select the Organization’s Date of Incorporation
- Step 2: Select your preferred search criteria from the Select Criteria Dropdown-TIN or CAC registration Number or Registered Phone Number. CAC registration number should be typed in this format: BN1234 or IT1234 or RC1234.
- Step 3: Provide the appropriate value based on the search criteria in Step 2 above.
- Step 4: Confirm you are not a robot by checking the reCAPTCHA Box.
- Step 5: Click the Search button.