Huaweiâ€™s sub-brand, Honor has unveiled its first set of phones with pop-up selfie cameras – the Honor 9X and 9X Pro. Both phones are almost same, except that the Pro variant has extra camera on the rear, plus more RAM and storage.
The 9X phones features a 6.59-inch IPS LCD screen with 1,080 x 2,340px resolution, similar to Huaweiâ€™s P Smart Z. The full-screen design is thanks to the pop-up selfie camera with a 16MP sensor (f/2.2).
The Honor 9X Pro features a triple camera with a 48MP main sensor (f/1.8, 1/2â€ Quad Bayer sensor with 0.8Âµm pixels). Itâ€™s joined by an 8MP ultra wide-angle camera and a 2MP depth sensor. The non-Pro model loses the ultra-wide cam.
Both phones are powered by the new Kirin 810 chipset, same as the Huawei Nova 5. This chipset has an octa-core CPU (2x A76 at 2.3GHz, 6x A55 at 1.9GHz) and a Mali-G52 GPU. Youâ€™ll get Android 9 Pie with EMUI 9.1 out of the box (complete with GPU Turbo 3.0).
The Pro model comes with 8GB of RAM and offers a choice of 128GB and 256GB storage (UFS 2.1). The Honor 9X starts at 4/64GB but also has versions with 6GB of RAM and 64 or 128GB storage. Both models have a microSD slot (up to 512GB).
The battery has 4,000mAh capacity but no fast charge â€“ the USB-C port tops out at 10W. Next to it is a 3.5mm headphone jack. There’s a fingerprint reader is on the right side of the phone.
Honor 9X Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (Dual SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat12 600/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2019, July
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, July
- Dimensions: 163.1 x 77.2 x 8.8 mm (6.42 x 3.04 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 206 g (7.27 oz)
- Colors: Magic Night Black, Charm Sea Blue, Charm Red
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.59 inches, 106.6 cm2 (~84.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~391 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); EMUI 9.1
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 810 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.27 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×1.88 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52
- Storage: 128/256 GB, 8 GB RAM
- Card slot: microSD, up to 512 GB
- Main Camera: Dual (48 MP, f/1.8 (wide), 1/2″, PDAF + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (depth sensor))
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – Motorized pop-up 16 MP, f/2.0
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Honor 9X Pro Price and Market Availability
The Honor 9X Pro will be available in China as from July 30 in several colors. Fittingly, the coating on the back reflects the light in an X pattern.
Here are the Chinese prices, plus a direct conversion to dollars/euro. Obviously the actual US/European prices will be higher if and when Honor brings the 9X Pro abroad.
Honor 9X Pro Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyerâ€™s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs andÂ information on this page about the Honor 9X Pro are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyerâ€™s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.