vivo has today introduced the S1 smartphone global version. Despite sharing a name with the S1 launched in China about four months ago, the international vivo S1 is actually a rebadged vivo Y7s. Yes, it’s really that confusing.
Anyway, the global vivo S1 comes with a 6.38-inch Super AMOLED display of FHD+ resolution and a Helio P65 SoC. RAM is 4GB, while the storage is 128GB.
vivo S1 (Global Version) Key Specifications
- Display: 6.38-inch Super AMOLED display of FHD+ resolution
- Hardware: Helio P65 SoC, 4GB RAM, 128GB internal storage
- Camera: The 25MP pop-up selfie shooter on the Chinese S1 is replaced by a 32MP unit on the global variant which sits inside the waterdrop notch, while the 12MP primary sensor at the back is replaced with a 16MP module.
- Fingerprint sensor: In-display
- Battery: 4,500 mAh cell.
- OS: Android Pie-based Funtouch OS 9, with Google services now.
- Colours: Cosmic Green, Skyline Blue
The Smart Button located on the left side can be used to summon the company’s own assistant Jovi with a double press and Google Assistant with a single press.
Checkout the full specs of vivo S1 here.
vivo S1 Global Version Price and Market Availability
Its first market is Indonesia, where it costs IDR3,599,000 ($260/€230).