MTN YouTube Video streaming: How To Turn Off Background Data Usage
The allocated streaming time starts counting when you start watching a video on YouTube. However, the timer could also start (even if you are yet to start watching a video) if there is a background activity on your device unless the background dataÂ usage on the YouTube ApplicationÂ is turned off.
How To Turn Off Background Data Usage On Android and iOS
The following steps below can be used to turn off background data of specific applications based on android version and apple devices:
Android 7.0 or higher
- Open device’s Settings app.
- TapÂ Data usage and then Data saver.
- IfÂ data saverisÂ off, nothing needs to be done. IfÂ data saverÂ isÂ on, continue to nextÂ step.
- TapÂ Unrestricted data access.
- Scroll down and tap the Youtube App.
- Next to the app, tap the On/Off switch to turn it off.
Android 5.0 through 6.0
- Open device’sÂ Settings app.
- Tap Data usage and thenÂ Cellular data usage.
- Make sure to select the network for which you want to view or restrict app data usage.
- Scroll down and tap theÂ Youtube App
- Tap Background data and thenÂ Unrestricted data usage.
On Android 4.4 or lower
- Open device’sÂ main Settings.
- Under “Wireless & networks,” tapÂ Data usage.
- In the top right corner, tapÂ More Menu.
- Tap the box next to “Auto-sync data.”
- When the dialog box appears, “Turn auto-sync data off?”, tap OK
- Launch the Settings app from Home screen.
- Tap on General.
- Tap Background App Refresh.
- Toggle Background App Refresh toÂ off or Tap theÂ Off button of the YouTube Application to restrict background data access from the app.
You can also read more on MTN YouTube Video streaming via the below link: