LG has launched its new W series of smartphones, premiering with the LG W10, W30 and W30 Pro. They all come with 4,000mAh batteries, run Android 9 Pie, use octa-core chipsets and have a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner as well as support for front-facing camera Face unlock.
The LG W30 brings a bigger 6.26-inch 1520x720px FullVision IPS LCD with a 16MP selfie camera inside its waterdrop notch.
It has another MediaTek Helio P22 with a 2GHz CPU and 3GB of RAM. Like the W10, the W30 also has 32GB of built-in storage that’s expandable through a microSD card.
The main camera setup of the LG W30 is a triple one – a 12MP Sony IMX486 snapper is paired to a 13MP 100-degree ultrawide angle camera and a 2MP depth sensor.
LG W30 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: 2019, June
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, July
- Dimensions: 162.7 x 78.8 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 172 g
- Colours: Thunder Blue, Platinum Grey, Aurora Green
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.26 inches, 97.8 cm2 (~76.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Storage, RAM: 32 GB, 3 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Triple (12 MP, PDAF + 13 MP, (wide), AF + 2 MP, depth sensor)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP
- Video: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
LG W30 Price & Market Availability
The LG W30 will command a price of INR 9,999 (€130) and will launch on July 3. It will be available in Thunder Blue and Platinum Grey.
LG W30 Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the LG W30 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.