And finally, one of the much awaited features for Instagram users is now available. Data saving feature has finally seen the light of day and it’s now available for all android users, while iOS users will soon get theirs too.
How It Works
By default, Instagram preloads videos so they start faster whenever possible. If you want to help reduce the amount of cellular data the Instagram app uses, you can choose not to have Instagram preload videos over cellular connections.
With the new feature turn ON, users have greater control media they’ll love to view on the app.
How to Activate Data Saving Mode on Instagram
To help use less data on Instagram:
- Go to your profile and tap .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account > Cellular Data Use.
- Next to Use Less Data, tap to toggle on.
Aside of that, you can also choose whether you want Instagram to show you High resolution media on your Android device.
High resolution media Settings on an Android device
To choose when Instagram will show you high resolution media, follow the instructions above, tap High Resolution Media and then tap:
- Never: Instagram will never you show you high resolution media.
- WiFi Only: Instagram will only show you high resolution media if your device is connected to WiFi.
- Cellular + WiFi: Instagram will show you high resolution media when your device is connected to either cellular data or WiFi.
This feature is targeted at countries where the network speeds and penetration is low compared to other countries.