After coming perilously close to folding in 2018 after a standoff with the United States, Chinese device maker ZTE is back to making smartphones again… and the company’s latest flagship looks pretty interesting.
The ZTE Axon 10 Pro has a 6.47 inch, 2340 x 1080 pixel AMOLED display with a small waterdrop-style notch, an in-display fingerprint sensor, three rear cameras, and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor.
It goes up for order this week in China for about $470 and up, and it should also be available in select European countries soon.
There will also be a ZTE Axon 10 Pro 5G edition, but pricing hasn’t been announced for that model yet.
Each model has a 4,000 mAh battery, a USB 3.1 Type-C port, and support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ and wireless charging (the Axon 10 Pro has a glass back).
There’s a 20MP front-facing camera with support for face recognition, and a triple-camera setup on the back of the phone, consisting of a 48MP primary camera, 20MP ultra-wide camera (125 degree field of view) and 8MP telephoto camera (3x optical zoom, 5X hybrid zoom, or 10x digital zoom)
Other features include stereo speakers, DTS:X Ultra sound, a microSD card reader, NFC, Bluetooth 5., and 802.11ac WiFi.
ZTE Axon 10 Pro Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE (unspecified)
- 5G: No
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: February, 2019
- Status: Available. Released 2019, May
- Dimensions: 159.2 x 73.4 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 175 g
- Build: Front/back glass, aluminum frame
- Colours: Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP68 dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.47 inches, 102.8 cm2 (~87.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~398 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); MiFavor 9.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Storage, RAM: 256 GB, 8/12 GB RAM or 128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB
- Main Camera: Triple (48 MP, f/1.8, 1/2″, 0.8µm, OIS, PDAF + 20 MP, 11mm (ultrawide) + 8 MP (telephoto), PDAF, OIS)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Dolby Atmos sound
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W (Quick Charge 4+)
- Qi wireless charging
ZTE Axon 10 Pro Price and Market Availability
ZTE will available in China in three configurations
- 6GB/128GB for ¥3199 ($470)
- 8GB/256GB for ¥3699 ($550)
- 12GB/256GB for ¥4199 ($620)
ZTE Axon 10 Pro Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the ZTE Axon 10 Pro are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.