Following several leaks and teasers, vivo has finally launched a mid-range smartphone which marks a shift from the notch and pop-up designs found inmost of its recent smartphones. Welcome the vivo Z5x – the latest mid-ranger and the first ever phone from the company to adopt the punch-hole design.
Asides its Punch-hole design, it is a pure mid-range device packed with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 710 processor, an edge-to-edge screen, and a triple primary camera setup at the rear.
The vivo Z5x is fronted by a 6.53-inch full HD+ display with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 and a screen-to-body ratio of 90.77 percent. The display runs from edge to edge with a punch-hole cutout for the selfie camera, and of course reasonably thin bezels all around.
Around the back, you will find a a glossy finish poly-carbonate panel fitted with a triple camera setup consisting of a 16MP primary sensor with f/1.78 aperture, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture, and a 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, while a familiar 16MP camera with f/2.0 aperture is fitted into the punch-hole for selfies. Also visible at the rear panel is a fingerprint sensor, so this device does not come with the in-display fingerprint option.
While the vivo Z3x has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 at the helm, the Z5x opted for the 10nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 SoC featuring the Kryo 360 CPU, Adreno 616 GPU, and what is mor, the VIVO Z5X gets performance enhancing features like Multi Turbo, AI Turbo, Cooling Turbo, Game Turbo and more to deliver an immersive gaming experience. You can pick up the device in 4GB + 64GB, 6GB + 64GB, 6GB + 128GB, and 8GB + 128GB options.
Notably, the device is powered by a 5,000mAh battery with support for Dual-Engine 18W fast charging, and will boot Android 9.0 Pie with FunTouch OS 9.0 out of the box.
vivo Z5x Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: May, 2019
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, June 1
- Dimensions: 162.4 x 77.3 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colours: Extreme Night Black, Phantom Black, Aurora
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.53 inches, 104.7 cm2 (~83.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Funtouch 9
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 (10 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 616
- Storage: 128 GB, 6/8 GB RAM or 64 GB, 6/4 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB
- Main Camera: Triple (16 MP, AF + 8 MP, (wide) + 2 MP, depth sensor)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP
- Video: [email protected]
- FM Radio:
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W
vivo Z5x Price
The four versions are priced differently according to what RAM/storage option you prefer:
- 4/64 for CNY 1,398 ($200)
- 6/64 for CNY 1,498 ($217, €193)
- 6/128 for CNY 1,698 ($246, €219)
- 8/128 for CNY 1,998 ($289, €258)
vivo Z5x Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the vivo Z5x are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.