The Indian e-store of vivo has silently posted a new phone – vivo Y15. It is quite similar to the already announced vivo Y17 but comes with a Helio P22 chipset and just 64 GB storage, making company to the 4 GB RAM.
The phone comes with a big 6.35” LCD panel with HD+ resolution and a waterdrop notch. The selfie shooter is 16 MP, a downgrade from the global vivo Y17 (although it has the same sensor in China, where the device is marketed as vivo Y3).
The affordable phone has three cameras – a 13 MP main shooter, an 8 MP wide-angle lens with 120-degree FOV and a 2 MP f/2.4 depth sensor. There is also an LED flash below the setup, and a fingerprint scanner next to it.
A big selling point of the vivo Y15 is the huge battery with 5,000 mAh capacity. Sadly, the 12 nm chipset does not support any type of fast-charging, so you’re stuck with regular micro USB charging speeds.
vivo Y15 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps
- Announced: May, 2019
- Status: Available. Released 2019, May
- Dimensions: 159.4 x 76.8 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 190.5 g
- Colours: Aqua Blue, Burgundy Red
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.35 inches, 99.6 cm2 (~81.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1544 pixels (~268 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Funtouch 9
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Internal Storage, RAM: 64 GB, 4 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Triple (13 MP, f/2.2, PDAF + 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide) + 2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0
- Video: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
vivo Y15 Price
Priced at INR15,990 ($230/€205).
vivo Y15 Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the vivo Y15 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.