Towards the end of last March, vivo launched the S1 with a Helio P70 SoC and a 24.8MP elevating selfie camera. Now, the Chinese phone maker has announced its Pro variant with better hardware.
The vivo S1 Pro looks similar to the non-Pro model, but it has a Snapdragon 675 SoC under the hood, paired with 6GB or 8GB RAM. The former comes with 256GB of storage whereas the latter has 128GB of storage onboard. This, honestly, is a weird memory combo.
Moving on, the S1 Pro is built around a 6.39-inch Super AMOLED notchless display that has a resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. The smartphone scores a screen-to-body ratio of 91.64%.
Around the back, the vivo S1 Pro boasts a triple camera setup which includes a 48MP Quad-Bayer, 8MP wide-angle, and 5MP depth sensing units. For selfies and video calls, it has a 32MP camera that pops up from the top.
The S1 Pro also features an in-display fingerprint scanner and runs Android Pie-based Funtouch OS 9 out-of-the-box. It has a dedicated button on the left bezel to summon AI-based voice assistant Jovi, and packs a 3,700 mAh battery which charges through a microUSB port.
vivo S1 Pro Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: May, 2019
- Status: Available. Released May, 2019
- Dimensions: 157.25 x 74.71 x 8.21 mm
- Weight: 185 g
- Colors: Blue, Red
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Full HD+ Super AMOLED display
- Size: 6.39 inches, 104.7 cm2 (91.64% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 2340 x 1080 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Funtouch 9
- Chipset: Snapdragon 675 (11nm)
- CPU: Octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 612
- RAM: 6 GB or 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 256 GB or 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB
- Main Camera: Triple – 48-MP (f/1.7) + 8-MP (f/2.2) + 5-MP (f/2.4)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – Motorized pop-up 32 MP, f/2.0
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- FM Radio:
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3700 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 22.5W
vivo S1 Pro Price and Market Availability
The vivo S1 Pro is offered in Blue and Red colors and will go on sale in China from May 9. And, as far as the pricing is concerned, both the 6GB and 8GB RAM variants are surprisingly listed with price tags of CNY2,698 ($401/€358). But we will hopefully have more clarity once the phone is available for purchase.
vivo S1 Pro Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the vivo S1 Pro are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.