The Realme X is finally official and it’s the most premium phone the brand has ever unveiled. Alongside it the company unveiled the Realme X Lite, which is merely the Chinese name for the Realme 3 Pro.
So with that, we can regard the Realme X as a Realme 3 Pro with a bigger, now AMOLED screen and the OnePlus 7 (non-Pro) cameras.
Now let’s check out the new duo;
Realme X specifications
The dual-SIM (Nano) Realme X runs on Android 9 Pie with ColorOS 6.0. The phone sports a 6.53-inch full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) AMOLED screen with 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 91.2 percent screen-to-body ratio, Gorilla Glass 5, and in-display fingerprint sensor. The phone is powered by octa-core Snapdragon 710 SoC, paired with up to 8GB of RAM.
On the imaging front, the Realme X will pack a dual camera setup on the back, which houses a 48-megapixel primary sensor with an f/1.7 lens and a 5-megapixel secondary sensor with an f/2.4 lens. There is a 16-megapixel selfie shooter with f/2.0 aperture on the front in a pop-up module.
The phone also comes with a 3,765mAh battery with support for VOOC 3.0 fast charging.
Other specifications of the smartphone include USB Type-C port, Dolby Atmos support, 4G LTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS. The dimensions of the phone 161.2×76.9×9.4mm and it weighs 191 grams.
Realme X Lite specifications
The Realme X Lite is a dual-SIM (Nano) smartphone that runs on Android 9 Pie with ColorOS 6.0. It packs a 6.3-inch full-HD+ (1080×2340 pixels) IPS display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio. Like Realme X, the Lite version is powered by the octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 SoC, paired with up to 6GB of RAM.
In terms of the camera capabilities, there is a dual camera setup on the back of the Realme X Lite as well, which includes a 16-megapixel primary camera with f/1.7 aperture and a 5-megapixel secondary camera with f/2.4 aperture. On the front, the phone packs a 25-megapixel selfie snapper with f/2.0 aperture.
Among other specifications, Realme X Lite comes with a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, up to 128GB of onboard storage, a microSD card slot, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, 4G LTE, and a micro-USB port.
The phone also includes a 4,045mAh battery with support for VOOC 3.0 fast charging. The dimensions of the phone are 156.8×74.2×8.3 mm and it weighs 172 grams.
Realme X specifications – Table
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA – China
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/11.5 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/75 Mbps
- Announced: 2019, May
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, May
- Dimensions: 161.2 x 76 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 191 g
- Colours: Steam white, Punk Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.53 inches, 105.2 cm2 (~85.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~394 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 9.0 (Pie); ColorOS 6
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 (10 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 616
- Storage/RAM: 128 GB, 8 GB RAM or 64 GB, 4/6 GB RAM
- External Storage: No / microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Dual (48 MP, f/1.7, PDAF + 5 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor)
- Features: LED flash, HDR
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/120fps, [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – Motorized pop-up 16 MP, f/2.0, 25mm (wide), 1/3″, 1.0µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Dolby Atmos sound
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3765 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 20W: 55% in 30 min (VOOC 3.0)
Realme X and Realme X Lite Price and Market Availability
The Realme X Lite costs CNY1,199 ($175) for its base 4GB RAM/64GB storage version, CNY1,299 ($190) for the 6GB/64GB units and CNY1,499 ($220) for the top 6GB/128GB variant.
The Realme X comes in Steam white or Punk Blue. Its 4GB/64GB version is CNY1,499 ($220), the 6GB/64GB goes for CNY1,599 ($230) and the 8GB/128GB hits CNY1,799 ($260).
There’s a special collection by Naoto Fukasawa, a proponent of the “Without Thought Design” philosophy. Two models dedicated to onion and garlic, simple but vital ingredients of a tasty dish. They have a special finish on the back inspired by onion and garlic peels. They will cost slightly more, CNY1,899 ($275), for the same 8GB/128GB memory.
Realme X Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Realme X are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.