Motorola has launched a new smartphone – One Vision. The mid-ranger runs stock Android as a part of the Android One program and brings several firsts for a Moto phone – 21:9 cinematic screen, punch hole camera, and even a Samsung chipset.
The phone features a 6.3-inch FHD+ display of the super tall 21:9 ratio. There’s a hole in the upper left corner for the 25MP selfie cam.
Going around the back, we find the dual camera setup featuring a 48MP f/1.7 main sensor with OIS alongside a 5MP f/2.2 depth sensor. The primary shooter uses the familiar Quad-Bayer filter to produce 12MP shots. Motorola’s camera software provides added AI features like shot optimization and a Night Vision mode. The rear also houses the classic Moto circular dimple with a built-in fingerprint reader.
Perhaps the most interesting aspect with the One Vision is its Exynos 9609 chipset which is only the second time we’ve seen Samsung chips on other brands after Meizu used them a few years ago. The SoC features 4 powerful Cortex-A73 cores running at 2.2GHz and 4 power-efficient Cortex-A55 ones clocked at 1.7GHz paired with 4GB RAM.
On the software front, the phone is running stock Android Pie and is part of the Android One program, promising two major OS updates and three years of security update support. The experience is still spiced up with a few moto actions like twist to start the camera and chop to toggle the flash.
The Motorola One Vision has 128GB of storage and what it calls a 3 in 2 card slot. That’s just fancy words for a hybrid slot where you get two SIM cards or one SIM and a microSD card.
The Motorola One Vision comes with a 3,500 mAh battery with 15W fast charging via the included TurboPower charger.
Motorola One Vision Specifications
- 2G Band: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G Band:
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – USA
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 – Europe
- 4G LTE Band:
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 28(700), 66(1700/2100) – USA
- LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500) – Europe
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2019, May
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, May 16
- Dimensions: 160.1 x 71.2 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 180 g
- Colours: Bronze gradient, Sapphire gradient
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Splash resistant
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.3 inches, 94.0 cm2 (~82.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2520 pixels, 21:9 ratio (~432 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Android One
- Chipset: Exynos 9609
- CPU: Octa-core 2.2 GHz
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 1 TB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Dual (48 MP, f/1.7, 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS + 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 25 MP, f/2.0, 0.9µm
- Video: [email protected]
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Dolby Audio sound
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 15W
Motorola One Vision Price and Availability
The phone is already be available in Brazil while European buyers will have today. Pricing is €300/$335 and the first European buyers will also receive a pair of Motorola Verve Earbuds which cost €130/$145 separately.
Motorola One Vision Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Motorola One Vision are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.