Looking for a keep prying eyes of friends, family or colleagues away from your system? Well, we are here to show how to creating an invisible folder in Windows 10 (unnamed folder with transparent icon) for hiding some of your files. It’s very easy and a bit of fun.
While an invisible folder is not a guarantee for high security measure, it can help you in safeguarding the files you frequently use and keep them on the Desktop for easy access.
Note: Invisible folder is not the same as hidden folder but a folder without a name and an icon.
Without much talk, let’s move on to see how to create an invisible folder in windows 10:
Method 1: How To Create an Invisible Folder In Windows 10
- Create a new folder on the Desktop.
- Right-click the folder and select Rename. And then press Alt + 016 (from the numpad of your keyboard). This will input an invisible ASCII character as folder’s name.
- The next step is to make the icon of the folder invisible. For this, right-click the folder and go to Properties.
- In the Properties window Customize tab and in the customize option you will see an option for change icon, click on that.
- In the options for icons, you will see a variety of icons, now in order to get an invisible icon scroll right and you will see the icon hidden in the place shown in the picture below just click on that area and it will get bold and turn blue. Now select this icon and click OK.
And below is what invisible folder you have created will look like (to see it highlight the are you positioned the folder).
Method 2: How To Create an Invisible Folder in Windows 10
- Go to Start Menu and Search “Character Map” and open it.
- Scroll Down and choose a blank Box
- Now click on select and then click on copy
- Now Right Click on Desktop and create a Folder and rename it and paste the selection
- Then create a folder without name
- Then Right Click on the folder and go to properties
- Click on customize and then click on change icon
- Choose Blank Icon and Click Ok
- Now Apply the changes
- And that’s all.
There you go now you have an invisible folder on your desktop you can place it any corner or any specific position of your desktop and access it whenever you want.
This method will make the folder invisible and not hidden. This way, you can easily use it by double clicking on the right spot on the Desktop and do not have to worry about unchecking the Hidden option to first unhide the folder and then access it. For what purpose would you use this method of making folder invisible in Windows 10?
Tell us about your thoughts in the comments below.