The Chinese manufacturer vivo launched three-cam smartphones back in December with the NEX Dual Display, but made the tech more affordable via the introduction of the V15 Pro. Starting today, even the really affordable Y series have a member with three shooters on the back, after the vivo Y17 was finally made official.
The phone arrives with a tall 6.35-inch LCD panel with HD+ resolution and the not so popular tall aspect ratio of 19.3:9. For now, the phone has only 4 GB RAM and 128 gigs of storage, but the company might launch more options in the future. The chipset is Helio P35, built on the TSMC 12 nm FinFET process. In theory, it has eight cores with a maximum frequency of 2.3 GHz, although vivo refrained from announcing it.
The biggest selling point of the phone is clearly the triple camera. It has an 8 MP f/2.2 wide-angle camera on top, the 13 MP f/2.2 main shooter is in the middle, with the third cam being a 2 MP depth sensor. Although the so-called â€œAI Super Wide-Angle Cameraâ€ has 120 degrees FOV, it actually captures 108 degrees after accounting for distortion. The front-facing camera is 20 MP with f/2.0 aperture.
Other key features the phone brings is the 18W fast charging for the monstrous 5,000 mAh battery, the biggest power cell vivo has ever put in a smartphone. Not everyone can afford a gaming smartphone, so the company has put Ultra Game Mode in the vivo Y17 that allocates system resources when you need them; after all, MediaTek updates the Helio P35 to respond to the specific needs of smartphone gamers.
Table of Interests
vivo Y17 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM only)
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps
- Announced: April, 2019
- Status: Available. Released 2019, April
- Dimensions: 159.4 x 76.8 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 190.5 g
- Colours: Mineral Blue, Mystic Purple
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.35 inches, 99.6 cm2 (~81.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1544 pixels (~268 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) + Funtouch 9
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: No
- Main Camera: Triple â€“
- 13 MP, f/2.2, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.0
- Video: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W
vivo Y17 Price and Market AvailabilityÂ Â
The phone is already available for purchase at multiple offline stores in India. It has two colors – Mineral Blue and Mystic Purple, and only one price tag – INR17,990 or about $260/â‚¬230.
vivo Y17 Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyerâ€™s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs andÂ information on this page about the vivo Y17 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyerâ€™s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.