Samsung Galaxy View2 is certainly the most unusual of the bunch. It’s a big-screen device that’s as much a portable TV as a tablet. While it doesn’t have a TV tuner, you can use DirecTV Now or other apps to stream live or recorded TV over the internet, and the large display makes it something you can carry around the house and use in the kitchen, office, or anywhere else you may not have a TV.
With a built-in kickstand, you can prop up the tablet for watching, or collapse it for use on a table or lap.
The Galaxy View2 weighs about 4.9 pounds and measures 16.4″ x 10.4″ x 0.7″. It has a 1920 x 1080 pixel touchscreen display, quad speakers with Dolby Atmos sound, a Samsung Exynos 7884 processor, 3GB of RAM, and 64GB of storage plus a microSD card reader for up to 400GB of removable storage.
A 12,000 mAh battery keeps the device running while unplugged, and there’s a USB 3.1 Type-C port for charging or data. And there’s a headphone jack and a 5MP front-facing camera if you want to listen privately and/or make video calls without disturbing folks around you.
If you’re wondering why this model costs so much more than Samsung’s smaller tablets, the big screen is probably only part of the answer — the Galaxy View2 is also a 4G LTE-ready device that can connect to AT&T’s wireless network.
It also supports 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0. There’s no word on if or when a cheaper WiFi-only model may be available.
Samsung Galaxy View2 Specifications
Model Versions: SM-T920 (Wi-Fi only); SM-T927 (EMEA); SM-T927A (AT&T)
- 2G: N/A
- 3G Bands:
- HSDPA 900 / 2100 – Global
- HSDPA 850 / 1900 – SM-T927A
- 4G Bands:
- LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800) – Global
- LTE band 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 12(700), 14(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 66(1700/2100) – SM-T927A
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: April, 2019
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, April 30
- Dimensions: 417.1 x 263.4 x 17.3 mm
- Weight: 2.23 kg
- Colours: Dark Grey
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Built-in kickstand
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 17.3 inches, 825.1 cm2 (~75.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~127 ppi density)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Chipset: Exynos 7884
- CPU: Octa-core (2×1.6 GHz & 6×1.6 GHz)
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP2
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 400 GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: No
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP
- Video: [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers (4 speakers)
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Dolby Atmos sound
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Accelerometer
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 12000 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy View2 Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy View 2 will arrive on April 30 and potential buyers will pay $740. This tablet is more expensive than its predecessor despite its smaller size. Actually, the Galaxy View 2 will go on sale via online and offline stores. The $740 price tag can be paid in installment at $37/month for 20 months (this is an AT&T plan).
Samsung Galaxy View2 Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Galaxy View2 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.