Meizu has officially unveil its latest flagship phone – the 16s. The highlights of the phone include its large Super AMOLED display, Snapdragon 855 processor and dual camera setup with OIS. The phone’s unique design is accredited to the use of COF bonding technique with its large-radius corners.
The Meizu 16s features a 6.2-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED screen with аn in display fingerprint sensor. Meizu said it partnered with Samsung to bring a high-quality display focused on minimizing the harmful effects on users’ eyes. The company claims its new flagship display manages to filter out 33% of harmful blue light and also supports DC dimming for reduced eye strain. The screen to body ratio comes at an impressive 91.53%. The phone also features stereo speakers for immersive audio while consuming media. The selfie camera is 20MP and comes with HDR+ support and a refined portrait mode.
Around the back, the 16s features a dual camera setup with a main 48MP f/1.7 OIS Sony sensor with a Quad Bayer structure and a secondary 20MP f/2.6 wide shooter.
Powering the internals is the Snapdragon 855 with either 6 or 8GB DDR4X RAM while storage ranges between 128 and 265GB. The battery cell is 3,600 mAh and comes with a 24W mCharger capable of going from 0 to 60% in just 30 minutes.
Software wise we’re looking at Flyme 7.3 built on top of Android Pie, which brings a smoother user experience with faster app launch speeds and increased standby mode.
Meizu 16s Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 40(2300)
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: April, 2019
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, April 28
- Dimensions: 151.9 x 73.4 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 165 g
- Colours: Carbon Black, Pearl White, Phantom Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.2 inches, 97.2 cm2 (~87.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2232 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~400 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Flyme 7.3
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.41 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- RAM: 6 GB or 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB or 128/256 GB
- External Storage: No
- Main Camera: Dual – 48 MP, f/1.7, PDAF, OIS + 20MP, f/2.6, (telephoto), PDAF
- Features: Six-LED dual-tone flash, Auto-HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected] (gyro-EIS)
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20MP, f/2.2
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 а/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3600 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 24W mCharge
Meizu 16s Price and Availability
The 6GB + 128GB storage variant starts at CNY 3,198 ($475), the 8/256GB version goes for CNY 3,498 ($520) while the top of the line 8/256GB model will set buyers back CNY 3,998 ($595). Pre-orders begin later today and official sales are scheduled for April 28.
Meizu 16s Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Meizu 16s are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.