BLU Vivo Go: Android 9 Pie smartphone features a 6-inch display, Mediatek 6739 chipset, 5 MP selfie camera, 8 MP + VGA dual rear camera, 1 GB RAM, 16 GB internal memory, and a 2600 mAh battery.
Entry-level smartphones now comes in two forms, those that runs on Android Go and the ones without the Go tag on its OS. And the new BLU Vivo Go carries the Go tag in the name, this is BLU’s first Android 9 Pie phone. As you might have guessed, this smartphone carries lowly specs but with Go OS, they’ve been optimized to perform better. On that note, the smartphone by the American company doesn’t cost much.
BLU Vivo Go Key Specs and Features
- 0-inch, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1440 x 720 pixels
- Android 9.0 Oreo
- Quad-core MediaTek MT6739 CPU with 1GB RAM
- 16GB built-in storage space, up to 64GB with a memory card
- Dual 8MP + 0.3MPnrear camera and a 5MP front camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint scanner (rear)
- 2, 600mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery
Design and Display
Props to BLU on this one, for an Android Go smartphone, the BLU Vivo Go looks very much attractive. There is a glossy back with a fingerprint scanner and iPhone X type of camera structure. At the other side, bezels surrounding the screen is reduced and since the phone has a 2:1 aspect ratio, you can easily achieve a big slender display. However, it is a bit on the thick side considering the battery ain’t large and no other feature warrants this, however, it is is quite light weighing just 155g.
Serving as the display on the smartphone is a 6.9-inch LCD panel with an HD+ resolution (1440 x 720 pixels. There are nice curved corners on the screen that gives it a more premium look. Bezels at the side are quite thin while the one at the top is a bit larger but still reduced anyway.
Battery and Camera
The battery takes a dip from what is featured on the average smartphone, being an entry-level smartphone there is not much load on the battery anyway. In that regard, you’ve got a 2, 600mAh non-removable battery on the smartphone which would give you little or less than a day.
Furthermore, the smartphone does well on the photography side with a combination of 8MP camera on the rear with an extra VGA 0.3MP sensor and a 5MP selfie snapper leading the way up front. Don’t expect much from the smartphone being that there are just budget sensors here.
Hardware and Software
Pulling the strings behind all of the smartphone’s functions is what you’d expect from an Android Go smartphone. That includes a MediaTek MT6730 CPU and a 1GB RAM with storage space of 16GB which can be increased by 64GB aided by a memory card. More so, there is an appropriate Android 9 Go Edition following up making performance much better.
BLU Vivo Go Full Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 7(2600), 12(700), 17(700), 28(700)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/11.5 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 75.2 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 155 g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colours: Black
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.0 inches, 92.9 cm2 (~78.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~268 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 Pie (Go edition)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6739 (28 nm)
- CPU: Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8100
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 64 GB
- Main Camera: Dual – 8 MP, AF + 0.3 MP, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP
- Features: LED flash
- Video: [email protected]
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.1, A2DP
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- USB: microUSB 2.0
Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery
- Charging: 5V/1A Regular Charging.
- Announced: December, 2018
- Status: Available. Released 2018, December
BLU Vivo Go Price and Availability
- Availability: Yes (For USA).
- Price: $79.99.
The Vivo Go is available nationwide in the USA on all GSM Networks including ATT, T-Mobile, Cricket, Metro PCS, Straight Talk, and others, as well as on Amazon. If you are based outside the US, you can purchase from Amazon and have it shipped to you.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the BLU Vivo Go are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.