Asus is adding a new entry-level phone to its lineup – the ZenFone Live (L2). The phone appeared on the companyâ€™s global site unannounced and seems like a minor upgrade over last yearâ€™s ZenFone Live (L1).
Like its predecessor, the Live (L2) brings a 5.5-inch HD+ display with an 18:9 aspect ratio. The front features a 5MP selfie cam and LED flash, which supports facial recognition and that’s all the biometric security you get in the absence of a fingerprint scanner.
Youâ€™ll get a Snapdragon 425 for the 16GB model and slightly more powerful Snapdragon 430 for the 32GB variant. Both versions will come with 2GB RAM and if the storage seems too limiting, thereâ€™s microSD support for expansion. Around the back, the Zenfone Live (L2) features a 13MP f/2.0 PDAF main camera, a secondary 8MP sensor and an LED flash.
The battery size is 3,000 mAh and can be topped up via the dated microUSB port. Other extras include FM radio support and a 3.5 mm headphone jack. The phone runs on ZenUI 5 on top of Android Oreo but unlike its predecessor will not be part of the Android GO program.
The ZenFone Live (L2) will appear in Rocket Red and Cosmic Blue colorways with a modern gradient finish.
ZenFone Live (L2) Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 – A version
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 – B version
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 / 800 – C version
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – D version
- 4G bands
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 40(2300) – A version
- LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 40(2300) – B version
- LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 18(800), 19(800), 26(850), 28(700), 38(2600), 41(2500) – C version
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800) – D version
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: April, 2019
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. Release May, 2019
- Dimensions: 147.3 x 71.8 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 140 g
- Colours: Rocket Red, Cosmic Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.5 inches, 78.1 cm2 (~73.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~293 ppi density)
- Android 8.0 Oreo (Go edition); ZenUI 5
- Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 (28 nm)
- Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 (28 nm)
- Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- Adreno 308
- Adreno 505
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal Storage: 16/32 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Single – 8 MP or 13 MP, f/2.0, PDAF
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP, f/2.4
- Features: LED flash, HDR
- Video: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
ZenFone Live (L2) Availability and Price
Availability and pricing are yet to be detailed but according to Asusâ€™s website, the phone will soon be available in retailers across the US and Canada.
ZenFone Live (L2) Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyerâ€™s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs andÂ information on this page about the Zenfone Live (L2) are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyerâ€™s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.