With the new Firefox Send feature, you can now send large files to another user.
Mozilla Firefox browser may now look appealing for those who have not been using before due to the introduction of new feature – Firefox Send.
What is Firefox Send?
Firefox Send is a free file sharing service where users can upload files to the service and then share the URL with others.
Users can upload files up to 1GB at a time or create a free Mozilla account to upload up to 2.5GB. Once the files are uploaded, you can choose how many times the files can be downloaded by the recipient (up to 100 times) before the link expires.
You can instead choose a time period (up to 7 days) after which the link automatically expires. To make it even more secure, you can add a password to the link and share the password along with the link so only people with the link and the password have access to the files.
Key Features of Mozilla Firefox Send
- The service uses end-to-end encryption
- You can share and send multiple items at once
- No login required to use the service for sending files of up to 1 GB in size
- You need a Firefox account to share and send files bigger than 1 GB but no bigger than 2.5 GB
- The recipient needs no login to download received packages
How To Access Firefox Send
You can access Firefox Send at send.firefox.com
The Firefox Send feature is a good initiative from the company as it bridges the gap of inability of sending large files via email.