The A-series got its first cinematic screen – the Samsung Galaxy A70 has a large 6.7-inch Super AMOLED panel with the extra tall 20:9 aspect ratio. It’s an Infinity-U display, meaning a rounded notch for the 32MP selfie camera.
The rear camera also has a 32MP sensor (behind an f/1.7 lens), these two are the highest resolution cameras on a Samsung phone yet. The rear camera also features an 8MP ultra-wide angle module (123°) and a 5MP depth sensor. The phone offers an in-display fingerprint reader as well as face recognition as security mechanisms.
The Galaxy A70 has a 4,500mAh battery and, interestingly, it will support 25W fast charging. That’s the first Galaxy to go above 18W, aside from the Galaxy S10 5G (which isn’t available yet). There’s no wireless charging, though.
The phone comes with 6GB or 8GB of RAM and 128GB of built-in storage. The card slot can house two SIMs and one microSD (up to 512GB), giving you a lot of flexibility. The Samsung Galaxy A70 will launch with Android 9 Pie and One UI, including features like Night Mode and Samsung mainstays like Pay, Knox and Pass (which can use the FP reader to sign you into apps and sites).
Samsung Galaxy A7 Specifications
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900/ 2100 MHz
- 4: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 20(800) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
SIM Type & Count
- Nano-SIM, Single and Dual SIM
- Android 9 Pie / One UI
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 164.3 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: g
- Display: 6.7 inches, 1080 × 2400 pixels,20:9 aspect ratio, Super AMOLED, Infinity-U display
- Colours: Black. Blue. Coral. White.
- CPU: 64-bit 2.0 GHz Octa-core Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 670
- RAM: 6 GB / 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Triple – 32 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP dual camera
- Feature: LED flash,
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: 32 MP, f2.2 Aperture
- Feature:;AI Face Recognition
- Video: [email protected]
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: microUSB v2.0. Type-C. USB-OTG
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under-display), Face Unlock, Accelerometer, Ambient Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4500 mAh
- Battery Charging: 25W Super Fast Charging
Announcement & Availability
- Announced: March 2019
- Market Availability: April 2019
Samsung Galaxy A70 Price and Availability
- Country Availability: To be announced April 10, 2019
- Price: To be announced April 10, 2019
In Nigeria, the Galaxy A70 phone can be purchased from online retailers like Jumia and others, as well as in some brick-and-mortar stores. We are unable to confirm at this time if the Soda 2 is available in other countries apart from Nigeria.
Samsung Galaxy A70 Review Rating
Not available yet.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our buyer’s guide for Samsung Galaxy A70 will be available after the announcement of availability and price.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Samsung Galaxy A70 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as Tellforceblog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.