The Realme 3 and Realme 2 both came with Face Unlock, Fingerprint sensor, 3GB / 4GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB internal storage, and are both fueled by the same 4230mAh battery capacity.
Oppo’s Realme sub-brand was India’s third biggest smartphone brand over the Diwali shopping season, according to Counterpoint Research, which is just one place ahead of Oppo itself.
The Chinese company keeps releasing the almost the same phone with its former generation as their specs looks almost the same.
Let us quickly fetch out some notable differences and similarities, between the new Realme 3 and Realme 2.
- Display: 6.22-inch HD+ (1520 x 720) 19:9 aspect ratio with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Colors: Dynamic Black, Radiant Blue, Black
- Fingerprint sensor: YES (rear-mounted)
- Face Unlock: YES
- Processor: Octa-core 12nm FinFET MediaTek Helio P70 processor
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB
- Storage; 32GB / 64GB expandable up to 256GB with microSD card
- Front camera: 13-megapixels front camera, 1.12μm pixel size with f/2.0 aperture
- Back camera: 13MP + 2MP rear dual camera with f/1.8 Aperture
- OS: ColorOS 6.0, based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Battery: 4230mAh capacity with a 10W charger
Realme 3 vs Realme 2 – Similarities
The Realme 3 and Realme 2 both arrives with 6.22-inch HD+ (1520 x 720) 19:9 aspect ratio with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
And the biometric security features, which includes Fingerprint sensor scanner and Face Unlock are available on the both Smartphones.
Both devices arrives with a notch display at the up front, but the Realme 3 packs the waterdrop-style while the Realme 2 with iPhone X’s trapezoid notch style.
They are also available in 3GB / 4GB RAM, and 32GB / 64GB internal storage, which are expandable up to 256GB via the use of a micro SD card slot.
The back of the mobile phones comes with dual camera setup, which includes a primary 13-megapixels + secondary 2-megapxels camera sensor.
One of the major similarities is the 4230mAh battery with 5V/2A (10W) adaptor, and supports other battery feature, to enhance the efficiency and for fast charging tech.
Realme 3 vs Realme 2 – Differences
The major differences between the Realme 3 and Realme 2 is the notch display style, front facing camera, others includes OS, Color option, weight, dimension and others.
Realme 3 arrives with a water-drop notch style that only houses a single 13-megapixels with f/2.0 aperture, while the Realme 2 packs a wide notch style that houses a 8-megapixels with f/2.2 aperture.
The Oppo Realme 2 is available in a diamond cutting design, diamond red, diamond blue and diamond black. While the Realme 3 in Dynamic Black, Radiant Blue, Black color options.
Realme 3 boasts of 88.3% screen-to-body ratio, while the Realme 2 with 88.8 screen-to-body ratio. Which decreases the bezels surrounding the screen, but a bottom chin is still there.
While the Android OS is totally different, as the Realme 3 runs on the latest ColorOS 6.0, based on Android 9.0 Pie while the Realme 2 with its own Android 8.1 on ColorOS 5.1.
The Realme 3 is powered by an Octa-core 12nm FinFET MediaTek Helio P70 processor, coupled with Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. While the Realme 2 with 1.8Ghz Octa-core Snapdragon 450 processor, coupled with Adreno 506 GPU.
For the dimension and weights, the Realme 3 packs a 75.6mm x 156.1mm x 8.3mm dimension and weighs 175g. But the Realme 2 comes with 156.2 x 75.6 x 8.2mm dimension and also weighs 168 grams.
Oppo Realme 2 Specifications
- Display: 6.2 inches 19:9 HD+ 1520 by 720 pixels with Corning Third Generation Glass
- Back: 13MP+2MP with f/2.2 aperture and Bokeh mode
- Front: 8MP with f/2.2 aperture and AI beauty and AR stickers
- Facial recognition: YES
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 running at 1.8Ghz Octa-core processor
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB
- Storage: 32GB / 64GB expandable up to 256GB
- Dimension: 156.2 x 75.6 x 8.2mm
- Weight: 168 grams
- OS: Android 8.1 on ColorOS 5.1
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Colors: Diamond cutting design, diamond red, diamond blue and diamond black
- Battery: 4230mAh with 5V2A adapter
Realme 3 vs Realme 2 – in Tabular Form
|Specification||Realme 3||Realme 2|
|Display||6.22-inch HD+ (1520 x 720) 19:9 aspect ratio with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection||6.22-inch HD+ (1520 x 720) 19:9 aspect ratio with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection|
|Colors||Dynamic Black, Radiant Blue, Black||Diamond cutting design, diamond red, diamond blue and diamond black|
|Dimension||75.6mm x 156.1mm x 8.3mm||156.2 x 75.6 x 8.2mm|
|Fingerprint sensor||YES (rear-mounted)||YES (rear-mounted)|
|Processor||Octa-core 12nm FinFET MediaTek Helio P70 processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 running at 1.8Ghz Octa-core processor|
|Cameras||– Back camera: 13MP + 2MP rear dual camera with f/1.8 Aperture
– Front camera: 13-megapixels front camera, 1.12μm pixel size with f/2.0 aperture
|– Back: 13MP+2MP with f/2.2 aperture and Bokeh mode
– Front: 8MP with f/2.2 aperture and AI beauty and AR stickers
|GPU||Mali-G72 MP3||Adreno 506|
|RAM||3GB / 4GB||3GB / 4GB|
|Storage||32GB / 64GB expandable up to 256GB with microSD card||32GB / 64GB expandable up to 256GB with microSD card|
|Sensors||E-Compass, Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Gravity Sensor, Accelerometer, Fingerprint Sensor||Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, Face unlock sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Proximity sensor|
|OS||ColorOS 6.0, based on Android 9.0 Pie||Android 8.1 on ColorOS 5.1|
|Battery||4230mAh capacity with a 10W charger||4230mAh capacity with a 10W charger|
Anyways, the both phones were launched in India, and the Realme 3 3GB + 32GB goes for 8,999 rupees, which is $127 while the Realme 2 base model, 3GB RAM + 32GB is priced at INR 8,990 (€110).
If you are interested, you can purchase the Realme 2 phone right away, while the Realme 3 will be available starting at 12 noon on March 12.