Realme 3 Android smartphone. Announced Mar 2019. Features 6.22″ IPS LCD display, MT6771 Helio P60 chipset, 4230 mAh battery, 64 GB.
After long series of leaks and teasers, Realme 3 has finally be unwrapped with a slightly refreshed design, new hardware and cool software features. Despite the upgrades the phone has retained its super attractive price tag.
The Indian version of the smartphone is powered by Helio P70 – an upgrade over both the Realme 1 and Realme 2, which had Helio P60 and Snapdragon 450, respectively. This means that performance-wise, the difference won’t be all that noticeable from day to day use but Realme promises some other under-the-hood changes.
On the front, we have a 6.2-inch display of HD+ resolution (720 x 1520 pixels) with a tiny waterdrop notch. It’s protected by a sheet of Gorilla Glass 3. The memory options available are 3GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB and storage is expandable via microSD card up to 256GB.
On the back, the handset holds two cameras – one 13MP main unit with f/1.8 aperture and a 2MP secondary one for depth sensing. On top of that, Realme has included additional software features like Nightscape and Chroma Boost.
As the name of the former suggests, it helps with night shots while the Chroma Boost employs image stacking to improve the dynamic range, colors and reduce noise.
The front-facing camera has a 13MP sensor with support for AI Facial Unlock for those situations when the rear-mounted fingerprint is hard to reach.
The battery on the Realme 3 has impressive 4,230 mAh capacity, but doesn’t support any fast charging – the included 5V/2A (10W) charger is as fast as it can go. On a positive note, the handset runs ColorOS 6 based on Android 9.0 Pie out of the box.
Alongside the Indian version, the company is launching a global variant as well. It swaps out the MediaTek Helio P70 for a P60 but retains the rest of the specs and features.
The Realme 3 will be available in Dynamic Black, Radiant Blue, and standard black.
Realme 3 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE Band
- LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat12 600/50 Mbps
Announcement & Availability
- Announced: March, 2019
- Availability: Exp. release 2019, March 12
- Dimensions: 156.1 x 75.6 x 8.3 mm
- Weight 175 g
- Build: Front glass, plastic body
- Colours: Black, Dynamic Black, Radiant Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.22 inches, 96.6 cm2 (~81.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 9.0 (Pie); ColorOS 6
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6771 Helio P60 (12 nm), Mediatek Helio P70 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53), Octa-core (4×2.1 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- RAM: 3 GB, 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB, 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Dual – 13 MP, f/1.8, 1/3″, 1.12µm, PDAF + 2 MP, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 13 MP, f/2.0, 1/3″, 1.12µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
Battery & Power
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 4230 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 10W
Realme 3 Price
The price for the 3/32 GB variant is INR8,999 ($125/€110), while for INR10,999 ($155/€135) you’ll get 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage. The first sale is scheduled for March 12 at noon.
Disclaimer. We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.