Meizu has finally been officially launched the Note 9 after several teasers from the company. The new midranger comes with a 48 MP camera on the back and a waterdrop notch on the front, making it the first phone by the Chinese maker with any sort of cutout on the display.
The chipset is Snapdragon 675, with an octa-core CPU going as high as 2 GHz. It is coupled with either 4 GB or 6 GB RAM, and storage is also in two variants – 64 GB and 128 GB. Sadly, it appears there is no microSD slot, so this is all the storage you get.
The key selling point for Meizu in the Note 9 is the 48 MP f/1.7 main camera with a Samsung GM1 sensor behind. It is coupled with a 5 MP shooter for depth sensing and fancy Portrait photos. The selfie camera residing in the waterdrop notch has 20 MP resolution.
Other specs include Flyme 7.2, based on Android Pie, 4,000 mAh battery and 18W fast charging through the USB-C port. The trend among Chinese manufacturers are GPU boosters, and this one hardly surprises with its Hyper Gaming and Game Mode 3.0.
Meizu Note 9 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
Announcement & Availability
- Announced: March, 2019
- Availability: March 11, 2019
- Dimensions: 153.1 x 74.4 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 170 g
- Colours: Black, Blue, White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.2 inches, 96.4 cm2 (~84.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2244 pixels, 18.7:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Flyme 7.2
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- RAM: 4 GB or 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB or 64/128 GB
- External Storage: No
- Main Camera: Dual
- 48 MP, f/1.7, 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 5 MP, depth sensor
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.0
- Video: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Battery & Power
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W (mCharge)
Meizu Note 9 Price
Meizu Note 9 is available in three variants – CNY1,398 ($210) for 4/64 GB, or CNY1,598 ($240) for the 6/64 GB and 4/128 GB versions.
Disclaimer. We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.