Finally, the almost unending leaks is over as Huawei P30 was officially unveiled today. It doesn’t have the 5x periscope zoom camera of its big brother P30 Pro, but still has plenty to offer. It is the first base version of a Huawei flagship with AMOLED panel and under-display fingerprint reader and now has three cameras on its back.
Huawei P30 is powered by the Kirin 980 chipset and it arrives in four RAM/storage variants – 6GB/128 GB, 8GB/64 GB, 8GB/128 GB, and 8GB/256 GB. Storage can be expanded via a Nano Memory card that goes in the second SIM slot. The display is a 6.1-inch panel with Full HD+ resolution, tall ratio and no curved edges – it is a completely flat screen.
The main camera is 40 MP SuperSensing unit – a Sony IMX600 sensor with custom RYYB color filter for superior low-light performance. There is also an 8 MP f/2.4 telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom and 16 MP f/2.2 17 mm ultra-wide snapper, complete with the Leica branding. The camera setup is completed by a dual-LED flash and laser autofocus.
The waterdrop notch on the display hosts a 32 MP F/2.0 shooter, which is sadly still fixed focus.
The P30 is covered in glass both on the front and back, but it lacks wireless charging. The 40W charging is also reserved for the P30 Pro, but the classic SuperCharge that goes as high as 22.5W will still top the 3,650 mAh battery reasonably quickly.
Where the Huawei P30 outdoes the P30 Pro is the 3.5 mm audio jack. Connectivity also includes Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band GPS and Bluetooth 5.
The Huawei P30 will arrive in Black, Breathing Crystal, Aurora, and Pearl White colors. The last one has shades of blue, silver, pink, purple and looks similar to the P20 Pro Twilight gradient, as we established in our early hands-on.
Huawei P30 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 6(900), 7(2600), 8(900), 9(1800), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A Cat21 1400/200 Mbps
Announcement & Availability
- Announced: March, 2019
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, April
- Dimensions: 149.1 x 71.4 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 165 g
- Colours: Aurora, Amber Sunrise, Breathing Crystal, Black, Pearl White
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP53 dust and splash protection
- Type: OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.1 inches, 91.3 cm2 (~85.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~422 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); EMUI 9.1
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP10
- RAM: 6 GB or 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB or 64/128/256 GB
- External Storage: NM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses SIM 2)
- Main Camera: Triple – 40 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), 1/1.7″, PDAF/Laser AF + 16 MP, f/2.2, 17mm (ultrawide), PDAF/Laser AF + 8 MP, f/2.4, 80mm (telephoto), 1/4″, 3x optical zoom, PDAF/Laser AF, OIS
- Features: Leica optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] (gyro-EIS), [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 32-bit/384kHz audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Dolby Atmos sound
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3650 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 22.5W
Huawei P30 Price
The P30 can be pre-ordered today, its price starts at €800 (for the 6/128GB model).
Huawei P30 Review Rating
Not available yet.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our buyer’s guide for Huawei P30 will be available after the announcement of availability and price.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Huawei P30 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as Tellforceblog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.