The Huawei P30 Pro was launched alongside its vanilla model P30. The phone is powered by the Kirin 980 chipset with heavy duty cooling. The memory situation looks like this: 6GB/8GB of RAM and up to 512GB storage. This is expandable via the new NM memory cards.
The P30 Pro comes with 8MP periscope zoom camera that reaches a focal length of 125mm. Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) helps keep photos looking sharp and videos smooth. Huawei and Leica also upgraded the two other cameras with exclusive features.
Sony provided a custom 40MP sensor with a RYYB color filter arrays – Yellow takes the spot of Green for even better low light performance (Huawei was already a leader in this field). The maximum ISO is now double what the Mate 20 Pro could pull off and is further helped by the brighter f/1.6 aperture and OIS.
The P30 Pro also has a 20MP ultra-wide angle camera (16mm) with autofocus, as well as a ToF sensor. This is used for multi-layer depth of field effect, making for more realistic bokeh. Hybrid zoom is back and it can go up to 10x (you can push this to 50x with digital zoom).
The front has seen a major redesign as well. The 6.47-inch AMOLED screen features an in-display fingerprint reader that should perform better than the one in the Mate 20 Pro. The screen resolution is 1080p+.
The screen actually pulls triple duty as it also acts as the earpiece. This is second-gen tech that produces a deeper sound and there’s less sound leakage. Interestingly, the whole screen functions as an earpiece, so you can put your ear anywhere. However, this setup means no stereo speakers. To make up for it, Huawei added a larger bottom-firing speaker.
The notch has been reduced to teardrop size. It sports a high-resolution 32MP selfie camera with improved bokeh rendering, however, the 3D face scanning hardware had to be dropped.
The P30 Pro gets Huawei’s best charging tech. This means 40W Super Charge for the 4,200mAh battery, as well as 15W fast wireless charging and reverse wireless charging.
The P30 Pro is built on a metal frame sandwiched between panes of glass. It’s water resistant (IP68) and comes in several attractive gradient colours.
Huawei P30 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 6(900), 7(2600), 8(900), 9(1800), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A Cat21 1400/200 Mbps
Announcement & Availability
- Announced: March, 2019
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, April
- Dimensions: 158 x 73.4 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 192 g
- Colours: Aurora, Amber Sunrise, Breathing Crystal, Black, Pearl White
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 2m for 30 mins)
- Type: OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.47 inches, 102.8 cm2 (~88.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~398 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); EMUI 9.1
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP10
- RAM: 6 GB or 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB or 128/256/512 GB
- External Storage: NM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB (uses SIM 2)
- Main Camera: Quad – 40 MP, f/1.6, 27mm (wide), 1/1.7″, PDAF, OIS + 20 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/2.7″, PDAF + Periscope 8 MP, f/3.4, 125mm (telephoto), 1/4″, 5x optical zoom, OIS, PDAF + TOF 3D camera
- Features: Leica optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 1080p@30fps (gyro-EIS), 720p@960fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 32-bit/384kHz audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Dolby Atmos sound
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4200 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 40W (70% in 30 min)
Huawei P30 Pro Price
The phone is available for pre-order today, starting at €1,000 for the 8/128GB model. If you want more storage, 256GB cost €1,100 and 512GB is €1,250.
Huawei P30 Pro Review Rating
Not available yet.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our buyer’s guide for Huawei P30 Pro will be available after the announcement of availability and price.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Huawei P30 Pro are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as Tellforceblog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.