Xiaomi is expected to unveil a 12GB RAM smartphone it named Mi 9 Explorer in the coming days. The company said the device will come with Game Turbo, Onscreen fingerprint sensor, Corning Gorilla Glass 6.
Xiaomi Mi 9 is expected to be powered by 7nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 mobile platform that includes an octa-core processor, clocks at 2.84 GHz.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 features a 6.39 inch AMOLED display from Samsung. It comes with the fifth-generation on-screen fingerprint sensor and it has a 3D full-curved glass body.
This smartphone will be powered by a Snapdragon 855 SoC and it will be the first Xiaomi phone to use a triple rear camera set up. One of the rear cameras is a 48MP shooter from Sony.
It is equipped with 20W rapid wireless charging which is higher than the 15W wireless fast charge used by the Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
The handset features a triple camera setup on its rear with 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 as the main sensor. The waterdrop notch of the display is expected to house a 24-megapixel Sony IMX576 front-facing camera.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Live Images
Below are some live photos of the Xiaomi Mi 9:
Lastly, here’s a promo video for the Explorer edition:
— 📱 💻 🔍 (@bang_gogo_) February 17, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 9 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 20(800), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Dimensions: 155 x 75 x 7.6 mm
- Build: Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame (7000 series)
- Colours: Lavender Violet, Ocean Blue, Piano Black
SIM Type & Count
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.39 inches, 101.9 cm2 (~87.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- RAM: 6 GB, 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB
- External Storage: No
- Main Camera: Triple – 48 MP, f/1.8, 1/2″, 0.8µm, Laser/PDAF + 16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide) + 12 MP, 1.0µm, (telephoto), Laser/PDAF
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/120/240fps, [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 24 MP
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
Battery & Power
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 20W
- Wireless charging: Yes
Xiaomi Mi 9 expected Price
Well, the base Xiaomi Mi 9 with 6GB of RAM and 64GB storage will start at CNY 3,300. Check out the table below for the other configurations.
|8/256GB Transparent edition||¥5,000||$740||€520|
|8GB Explorer edition||¥6,000||$885||€785|
Note that the Mi 9 “transparent edition” is different from the Explorer edition. The latter will have 12GB of RAM (and yes, it will have a transparent back too). The rumored pricing info – $885 – represents a huge premium over the 8/256GB transparent model.