The vivo V15 Pro is an honorary NEX with its pop-up selfie camera and in-display fingerprint reader, which leave the Ultra FullView Super AMOLED display untouched. But this handset actually comes with better cameras than the NEX.
The pop-up camera packs a 32MP sensor, up from just 8MP on the NEX S. The main module of the triple camera on the rear brings another 4x jump in resolution – it’s a 48MP sensor with 0.8µm pixels (1.6µm if you use 4-to-1 binning). It has an f/1.8 aperture and Super Night Mode that stacks several photos with different exposure to enhance the clarity of dark images.
Then there’s the ultra-wide angle camera, which can capture up to 120° field of view (though that drops to 108° if you enable distortion correction). Finally, there’s a 5MP depth sensor, which helps with things like AI Body Shaping (who needs a diet when you have AI?).
The vivo V15 Pro features a 6.39-inch Super AMOLED display. It has a top bezel of just 2.22mm and the side bezels are even thinner at 1.75mm. This means a screen to body ratio of 91.64% (that’s the official number, anyway).
A 5th gen fingerprint reader is behind the display, as well as the earpiece, proximity and ambient light sensors. The display fully covers the DCI-P3 color gamut and has an Always-On mode.
The Snapdragon 675 chipset is paired with 6GB or 8GB of RAM and 128GB storage. It runs Funtouch OS 9, which is based on Android 9 Pie. vivo added Game Mode 5.0, which prioritizes game performance and significantly reduces the number of dropped frames.
The phone is powered by a 3,700mAh battery with “Dual Engine” fast charging. It can go from 0% to 24% in just 15 minutes.
The back of the V15 Pro features what vivo calls the Spectrum Ripple Design and is available in Topaz Blue and Coral Red.
Vivo V15 Pro Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800)
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
Announcement & Availability
- Announced: February, 2019
- Availability: March 6, 2019
- Dimensions: 157.3 x 74.7 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 185 g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colours: Topaz Blue, Coral Red
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.39 inches, 100.9 cm2 (~85.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2316 pixels (~400 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Funtouch 9
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- RAM: 128 GB
- Internal Storage: 6/8 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB
- Main Camera: Triple – 48 MP, f/1.8, 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF + 8 MP, 13mm (ultrawide) + 5 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – Motorized pop-up 32 MP
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes (market dependent)
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Battery & Power
- Battery Type & Count: Non-removable Li-Po 3700 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging (24% in 15 min)
Vivo V15 Pro Price and Availability
The phone will cost INR28,990, which is about $405/€360. Pre-booking will begin today, but market launch, also called “Super Day” is on March 6.
Disclaimer. We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct