Though the Galaxy S10 trio characterizes Samsung’s conventional flagships, the Galaxy S10 5G is the company’s most advanced phone yet. Despite the name, it’s more than an S10 with 5G tagged on it. For starters, this is by far the largest Samsung flagship, dwarfing even the Note9.
The Samsung Galaxy S10 5G features a 6.7-inch curved Dynamic AMOLED display with 1440p+ resolution. It’s among the first mobile displays to support HDR10+ video (along with the S10 trio) and one of the first to feature an ultrasonic fingerprint reader.
True to its name, this is Samsung’s first 5G phone with support for both mmWave and sub-6GHz networks. Wi-Fi 6 is also on board for symmetrical 1.2Gbps local connections.
Remarkably, the phone will come with either a Snapdragon 855 or an Exynos 9820 chipset, depending on the buyers’ region. The phone’s chipset are paired with 8GB of RAM and 256GB storage, but there there’s no microSD slot here.
As far as camera is concerned, it has an enhanced version of what the S10 has – both front and back assemblies gain a 3D Time of Flight module, which enables Video Live focus and capturing 3D images.
This means the back has a quad (4) camera with dual OIS. The main shooter is a 12MP sensor with Dual Pixel AF and dual aperture (f/1.5 and f/2.4). It’s joined by the 12MP 2x telephoto camera, these are the two with OIS. Then there’s the 16MP 123° ultra-wide camera.
The selfie camera has a 10MP sensor capable of 4K video capture (the pill-shaped hole is wider to accommodate for the 3D ToF sensor).
The Galaxy S10 5G has a rather large 4,500mAh battery and is the first to support Super Fast Charging, which goes up to 25W (this is compatible with USB Power Delivery 3.0). There’s also Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 and Wireless PowerShare (which turns the phone into a wireless power bank to use with wearables and other phones).
The Samsung Galaxy S10 5G will be released in the Quarter 2 of this year.
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G Specifications
- Network Properties
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G: LTE
- 5G: Capable
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (7CA) Cat20 2000/150 Mbps; 5G
Announcement & Availability
- Announced: February 20, 2019
- Availability: 2019
- Dimensions: 162.6 x 77.1 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 198 g
- Build: Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 6), aluminum frame
- Colours: Prism White
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- IP68 dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Type: Dynamic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.7 inches, 112.0 cm2 (~89.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3040 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~502 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Always-on display
- Android 9.0 (Pie); One UI
- Chipset: Exynos 9820 Octa (8 nm) – EMEA, Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) – USA/LATAM, China
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.7 GHz Mongoose M4 & 2×2.3 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.9 GHz Cortex-A55) – EMEA, Octa-core (1×2.8 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.4 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 485) – USA/LATAM, China
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP12 – EMEA, Adreno 640 – USA/LATAM, China
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 256 GB
- External Storage: No
- Main Camera: Quad – 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS + 12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.6″, 1.0µm, AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom + 16 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide) + TOF camera
- Features: LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], HDR, dual-video rec.
- Selfie Camera: Dual – 10 MP, f/1.9, Dual Pixel PDAF + TOF camera
- Features: Dual video call, Auto-HDR
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]
- FM radio: Yes (USA & Canada only)
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 32-bit/384kHz audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Dolby Atmos/AKG sound
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- Bixby natural language commands and dictation
- Samsung DeX (desktop experience support)
Battery & Power
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 4500 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 25W (USB Power Delivery 3.0)
- Fast wireless charging 15W
- Power bank/Reverse wireless charging 9W
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G Price
- Launched Price: To Be Announced